Heathrow expansion

Economic growth?

This is the argument but I'm not sure how it works. If a fair chunk of of passengers (no idea on figures) will be using it as a glorified bus stop, I don't know how that benefits us as a country. And whats wrong with stanstead or Gatwick? Do people honestly look at a flight to Gatwick and go "oh that's far too great a distance, it must be heathrow".

If the plane lands there I assume they pay taxes, fee's and buy fuel and stuff.

Another runway provides more opportunity to do that sort of stuff, as well as employ a whole bunch more people who do the work on the planes and in the terminal.

The airport itself is like a large town/small city in it's workforce.

Employing over 76,000 people directly with another 30,000-40,000 jobs supported indirectly.

They manage all that on just two runways, so adding another runway should boost numbers quite nicely.

Heathrow is our nations main international hub. You have to build for the demand, rather than attempt to shape it. London is where people want to get to.

Is Heathrow the Tories tuition fees lie?

Tuition fees helped to sink Nick Clegg.

I heard Greening, May, Goldsmith and Boris Johnson had all gave a over my dead body promise?

Heathrow is much closer to London than Gatwick, so it makes sense to for a new runway to be built there.

The disruption it's going to create better be worth it!

---------- Post added 25-10-2016 at 19:44 ----------

Is Heathrow the Tories tuition fees lie?

Tuition fees helped to sink Nick Clegg.

I heard Greening, May, Goldsmith and Boris Johnson had all gave a over my dead body promise?

Johnson hasn't got a choice, he's MP for Uxbridge which is just down the road. Hes doing it to keep his constituents happy.

It could be years before anything gets done anyway.Most of the cost of building it will be used in buying properties and all the legal challenges in court.I was just listening to the owner of Ryanair and he says almost definitely the passengers will end up paying for it in fare rises along with the taxpayer.I have just heard that Windsor and Maidenhead council and Hillingdon,Richmond and Wandsworth councils are making a legal challenge as well as Greenpeace.I fancy a bet that it will never get built anyway.