Police phone call?

Had a phone call this morning from a police woman,well not sure it legit though,she asked to speak to me about a incident regarding a missing ring that she lost in gym changing room,which I was there and a few others on the 3rd Sept,any way she said her name was *** and gave her last name,which i didn't quite catch, she asked me about what happened I told her what i saw,then she just said ok and hung up! she gave no incident number or any thing,so I did 1471 to try get the number and it was with held,is that strange to any one?:suspect:Plus her and her hubby turned up day before we were going away asking me again about the ring,so who gave her our address,and phone contacts?

Edited by wendyG

If you're unsure or suspect it may be any kind of a scam; I wouldn't hesitate to get in touch with the police and express your concerns.

Not saying it's the case in this instance; but beware with some phone scams, the scammer will claim to be from some authority (e.g. a bank) and ask you to call the police; you put the phone down, but they don't, so when you think you've called the police (dialled 101 or whatever), you're actually still talking to scammer.

Best of luck with it. :)

Read they are allowed a private number that they call any number from,which cant be contacted.so suppose to stop nasty callers!

---------- Post added 25-10-2016 at 15:55 ----------

Rang police told um what happened that policeman ringing this morning,how she went off on phone.The police said,that dosnt sound right,the so called police woman would of given me her collar number and left a contact number.any way she said to keep an eye on it write stuff down!