Water pouring from exhaust- head gasket?

Driving my 3 year old Astra today, the driver behind was flashing me. When I pulled over she informed me there was water pouring out of the exhaust pipe. A quick Google indicated it may be a head gasket problem. Coolant and oil levels are fine so before I contact Vauxhall ( pentagon ) can anyone give further advice as to what may be the cause?

That was my initial thought but the water was coming out as if it was a tap.

If it was coolant coming out like a tap it would drain it in no time, also at that rate there would be one serious misfire, thats if you could get it started in the first place. The only other thing that creates condensation is the evaporator in the air conditioning system and this will drain out underneath the vehicle, not into the exhuast.

It was only a few miles. I'm going a lot further tomorrow so i'll see what happens.

I get the impression that my car makes a lot of smoke, ever since I bought it. Its done 120,000 miles, but how can anyone judge these things.

It runs ok, and passes its MOT.