Water pouring from exhaust- head gasket?

Its a simple chemical reaction called thermodynamics,usually you dont see this until the weather starts to get colder,the water is generated by the combustion in the cars engine the fuel has hydrogen in it it comes out of the engine through the exhaust and condenses into water that's the water that you see pouring out of the end of the exhaust,usually when the exhaust system warms up the steam and water will stop.petrol engines seem to suffer more from this than diesel engines...hope that helps a bit if your cylinder head has gone you would probably get over heating and boiling steam coming from the the radiator header tank...

Driving my 3 year old Astra today, the driver behind was flashing me. When I pulled over she informed me there was water pouring out of the exhaust pipe. A quick Google indicated it may be a head gasket problem. Coolant and oil levels are fine so before I contact Vauxhall ( pentagon ) can anyone give further advice as to what may be the cause?

A catalytic converter is designed to convert poisonous gases into CO2 and water. If the engine is on a rich burn cycle it should produce 2 gallons of water for each gallong of gas that you engine burns.