M1 mess around sheffield

A bit of research online and 2 minutes later you have the info. Not hard really

It is when I'm driving. And why isn't made available to sat nav companies etc? It is for works during the day, very rarely at night. And it isn't always online either. Not so long ago they were resurfacing the m42 overnight and as I was a passenger I was able to check on my phone. I couldn't find anything anywhere.

Anyway, you go back to being awesome.

---------- Post added 30-10-2016 at 21:28 ----------

Cos they're both crap.

Use google maps mate, free and uses live traffic info to get you around.

Diverted me off the M1 Friday teatime, saved me an hour and half sat in traffic.

It's the future, I've used it :)

Daytime isn't an issue - it's on the radio, it's on sat nav.

It is when I'm driving. And why isn't made available to sat nav companies etc? It is for works during the day, very rarely at night. And it isn't always online either. Not so long ago they were resurfacing the m42 overnight and as I was a passenger I was able to check on my phone. I couldn't find anything anywhere.

How would the sat nav company let the device know unless you've happened to update it on that day?

How would the sat mac compnay let the device know unless you've happened to update it on that day?

It tells we when a road is closed because of an accident, police incident or something else. It can't be beyond them to tell me it's closed because roadworks at night. . Not little side roads, motorways. I'm not the only to get caught out with this.

Wrong.

Google maps is live 24/7 mate.

Just try it, it's free on iPhone and android.

Give it a week and you'll never go back.

My tomtom was supposed to be fully updated, but it's just plain pants.

In my job I am a responsive engineer and often have to be at a job within an allocated time, google maps can get me through a jam, Tomtom will just leave me sat on the route it's decided.

Wrong.

Google maps is live 24/7 mate.

Just try it, it's free on iPhone and android.

Give it a week and you'll never go back.

My tomtom was supposed to be fully updated, but it's just plain pants.

In my job I am a responsive engineer and often have to be at a job within an allocated time, google maps can get me through a jam, Tomtom will just leave me sat on the route it's decided.

My tomtom differs to yours - its forever changing my route and not always successfully. It's sent me on right runaround some days. Others, its saved me lots of times.

I did a trip out the other day with google maps as I'd forgotten the sat nav. It wasn't bad, but it was a fairly short trip. Now road closures at night when I returned so didn't test that theory. It's all in the delivery of it all I suppose - tomtom uses google maps.

My tomtom differs to yours - its forever changing my route and not always successfully. It's sent me on right runaround some days. Others, its saved me lots of times.

I did a trip out the other day with google maps as I'd forgotten the sat nav. It wasn't bad, but it was a fairly short trip. Now road closures at night when I returned so didn't test that theory. It's all in the delivery of it all I suppose - tomtom uses google maps.

It doesn't, Google maps is a seperate entity, unless you install Google onto your tomtom then no.

Ditch the satnav and use google mate.

As I've said before in my job it's been trialled across east mids and its saving nearly 10mins per job, and we as a business have a lot of jobs.

Anyway, enough Google maps shouting from me, goodnight.