Wilko's should relocate to former BHS

Cplant

I still think it is really stupid they are developing an area so far away from the tram. Yesterday I walked from west street stop to the moor and it is not exactly around the corner. Sometimes I do it from city stop but that too is nowhere near moor.

Start putting argos and wilkinsons there and I will get amazon prime and never shop in Sheffield again.

It would be very beneficial to make a tram go down arundal gate to Furnival gate carver st back to west st. If they want to save money even one line making that loop one way would be better than nothing.

The one ways and silly junctions could be adjusted and busses could run a more direct less time wasting route through city centre.

It is sickening to travel through Sheffield centre by bus for various reasons. Even if you are not in a hurry you get the feeling someone is playing games with you as if the customers time is of no importance to the operators.

Edit: my appologies this topic is about wilkos moving and not about the public transport. But these two things are very closely connected to me. We have a car but my GP told me not to drive, then moving all big name stores like wilko argos to the moor will add upto 20 minutes or no less than 10 minutes one way if really lucky to my journey.

Edited by dutch

Didn't the old Sheffield tramway system run down the Moor. I'm sure Iv seen old photos of trams running down their it might be a bit late now to do this is it possible to bring that back. It could be simply a single track ending outside the market building is the Moor street itself the same width as it was in the past given all the rebuilding that has taken place over the years?

I still think it is really stupid they are developing an area so far away from the tram. Yesterday I walked from west street stop to the moor and it is not exactly around the corner. Sometimes I do it from city stop but that too is nowhere near moor.

Start putting argos and wilkinsons there and I will get amazon prime and never shop in Sheffield again.

The so called Town planners who decided to move the main shopping area away from the tram system must be in line for a medal awarded to the craziest decisions ever undertaken in any City on Earth .

The decision must have been taken so as to justify selling the Moor to Scotland or by some very funny hand shakes.

The so called Town planners who decided to move the main shopping area away from the tram system must be in line for a medal awarded to the craziest decisions ever undertaken in any City on Earth .

The decision must have been taken so as to justify selling the Moor to Scotland or by some very funny hand shakes.

Oh for goodness sake. I am sick of seeing this silly argument.

Firstly there are HUGE areas of Sheffield population which the tram doesn't cover anyway so its hardly the prime transport system for most.

Secondly the completed shopping development will include not just the moor but parts of calver st, burgess st, Cambridge street and charter sq ALL of which are few minutes walk from city hall tram stop.

Thirdly, If someone really has a major pressing need that they absolutely must be door to door they can get on a bus which overlaps and serves the same areas as the tram anyway.

People need to stop using the tram excuse as if its some absolutely abandoned route that nobody could possibly reach from the new development. Its 5 min walk away just using a different stop that's all.

Typical Sheffield mentality. Waaa waaa waaa don't like change.

Oh for goodness sake. I am sick of seeing this silly argument.

Firstly there are HUGE areas of Sheffield population which the tram doesn't cover anyway so its hardly the prime transport system for most.

Secondly the completed shopping development will include not just the moor but parts of calver st, burgess st, Cambridge street and charter sq ALL of which are few minutes walk from city hall tram stop.

Thirdly, If someone really has a major pressing need that they absolutely must be door to door they can get on a bus which overlaps and serves the same areas as the tram anyway.

People need to stop using the tram excuse as if its some absolutely abandoned route that nobody could possibly reach from the new development. Its 5 min walk away just using a different stop that's all.

Typical Sheffield mentality. Waaa waaa waaa don't like change.

The distance from the tram stop to the moor is about the same distance as the tram stop in meadowhall to the shopping centre.

Wilkos should move to the Moor.

If the council can totally relocate Castlegate then they may attract investment into that area.

The other key thing they will need to do is close all the bus stops to move those people away from that area.

"Those people". How rude.