Wilko's should relocate to former BHS

Cplant

There was an article in the Star today saying they want the whole area to be 'professional services', so presumably law firms, accountants, things like that.

would make sense, Irwin Mitchell relocated there a few years back

It all depends on funding which is unlikely to happen. I think English Heritage have already said no, and that plan is just fantasy. Expect more expensive flats, student housing and more offices that will stand empty for many years just like the others just across the bridge.

It all depends on funding which is unlikely to happen. I think English Heritage have already said no, and that plan is just fantasy. Expect more expensive flats, student housing and more offices that will stand empty for many years just like the others just across the bridge.

I would think that would more likely in the end perhaps a nod to the castle. The old Town Hall , Market Tavern , Cannon and other derelicts could be turned into flats and offices . Moving Wilko's to the Moor would make more businesses for them than down the old market area.

would make sense, Irwin Mitchell relocated there a few years back

Good commercial sense by Irwin Mitchell, that area going out of the city centre is where most of their clients come from. More legal firms could profit by relocating there.

Edited by Odd-jobs

Now that Primark has moved to the Moor wouldn't it make sense for Wilkinsons to relocate to the former BHS unit. This would bring more life to the more and allow a wholescale regeneration of the Castlemarket area, which it desperately needs.

Perhaps Wilko's don't want to pay the rent that the landlord wants...

Now that Primark has moved to the Moor wouldn't it make sense for Wilkinsons to relocate to the former BHS unit. This would bring more life to the more and allow a wholescale regeneration of the Castlemarket area, which it desperately needs.

yes it does need to move as the old market area is becoming a area with not much retail but they have branch not far away from the moor . i can see b and m taking it to be honest

heard the bhs old store is to be taken by next ,don't know if that's true.

I wouldn't complain if the Next outlet store (the discount shop at Heeley) was to move there :)

I doubt it would happen unless they closed their tiny little store at the top of Fargate first.

Wilkos should move to the Moor.

If the council can totally relocate Castlegate then they may attract investment into that area.

The other key thing they will need to do is close all the bus stops to move those people away from that area.

Perhaps we can put them in camps.