Wilko's should relocate to former BHS

Cplant

Now that Primark has moved to the Moor wouldn't it make sense for Wilkinsons to relocate to the former BHS unit. This would bring more life to the more and allow a wholescale regeneration of the Castlemarket area, which it desperately needs.

wilkinsons have a long time left on the lease on the building there in so i cant see them moving any time soon

I would think that would more likely in the end perhaps a nod to the castle. The old Town Hall , Market Tavern , Cannon and other derelicts could be turned into flats and offices . Moving Wilko's to the Moor would make more businesses for them than down the old market area.

More business? every time I go in there the queue is out past the barriers and across the ends of the isles.... :S

don't need it to be any busier....

The distance from the tram stop to the moor is about the same distance as the tram stop in meadowhall to the shopping centre.

Your comment shows stupidity and ignorance of the facts. You don't know what you are even talking about because you have no experience.

Why am I so rude to skylinephoto? Because Meadowhall is a clean comfortable indoor walk free from crossroads, beggars, drunks, lots easier and safe for disabled, elderly or people with children, no comparison at all with tram to moor. MH may be long but not as long tram to moor.

Was in wilko yesterday, the building does look old and out of date. Never really looked at it before. But now it is discussed on SF I looked at the building and my feelings that came up were those of this building has seen its best days. The building does look very old fashioned but I rather keep wilko there than move it to the moor, don't use them too often but they can be very useful for a variety of things, they have the courage to supply a very wide range of products that include gardening stationary pets hardware furniture stationary tools electrical decorating automotive cycling computing hobbies children cleaning household goods and probably even much more than that.

Edited by dutch

More business? every time I go in there the queue is out past the barriers and across the ends of the isles.... :S

don't need it to be any busier....

When Iv been in mostly mid week doesn't seem that busy. Wilko's might end up moving in the end, it seems the council want that area for offices than retail hence why Primark have moved down the Moor I get the feeling the council want all retail down the Moor which would tire in with the Retail Quarter plans for the Cambridge Street area. Will be interesting to see what happens to that part of the city.

Bang on why change for change sake.

While I agree with you to an point the old market area is very run down its an crying shame their is some cracking buildings down their like the old Town Hall and others that given a chance would boost the area.