Bailiffs in this country are a joke

Got some fat bald headed idiot trying to get me to pay £548 for a disputed london congestion charge how the hell can an £11.50 charge turn into a £548 charge is ridiculous,something needs doing about these people I'm not easily intimidated,I just wonder how some les confident people go on dealing with these kind of bullies makes me think what kind of low life can do a job like that he said the removal van is on its way to take control of your goods ....:hihi:

Got some fat bald headed idiot trying to get me to pay £548 for a disputed london congestion charge how the hell can an £11.50 charge turn into a £548 charge is ridiculous,something needs doing about these people I'm not easily intimidated,I just wonder how some les confident people go on dealing with these kind of bullies makes me think what kind of low life can do a job like that he said the removal van is on its way to take control of your goods ....:hihi:

Look on the bright side - you might end up as a TV star on 'Can't Pay, Won't Pay'.

Seriously though, the difference between the original charge and the current one does seem staggeringly excessive.

Normally these things go up in stages after letters are "ignored".

After watching some episodes of 'Can't Pay, Won't Pay' (which is admittedly shown from the bailiffs' perspective) I think that some debtors (by no means all) deserve all they get, such as the ones who try to lie and cheat their way out of paying their creditors; or the ones who owe thousands in rent because they spend their welfare money on designer clothes; or the ones who trash their rental accommodation. I am not of course saying that the OP falls into any of these categories, but simply making the point that creditors have rights too.

What's contested about it?

Its a long story but here goes, I go to London a lot delivering the congestion charge is £11.50 if you pay before you go in or on the day before midnight.they have the option of paying £10 and you can set an account up with them to automatically deduct your payment at a reduced price of £10 every time you go in the charge area,sounds good so I set an account up with them gave them all my van details and bank account details,I got a thank you email from them saying I have an account number Job done so I thought, the next time I went to London I got a charge come through the post saying I have a fine of non payment of the congestion charge £65,so I got on the phone telling them I had an account with you to pay automatically here is my account number and details,I could hear her clicking away on the computer she came back and said you havent paid the £10 setting up fee for your account what I said you have all my account details..more clicking then she said what kind of card do have I said I have a mastro card more clicking she said you can't set this account up with a mestro card, I said I filled everthing in on line I gave you all my details there was nothing that flagged up on line saying this,ok can I pay the £10 now with my mestro card now yes you can but you will still have to pay the £65 fine though,ok so can I pay the fine with my mestro card then yes of course she said are you paying it now I said no im not Im going to dispute this fine..I sent the form back disputing it it then went up to £195 I sent another online dispute in and they sent some back saying I should have got a confirmation back for the £10 deposit and I did not reply back to it never saw any confirmation email,sorry they said the fine will stand they then bumped it up to £205 and then sent it to a dodgy court in Northampton to get it legalised Iv read a few stories about this so called court in Northampton.next its sent to this bunch of idiots who then add thire bit on top and come and hassel you for the money.

---------- Post added 29-10-2016 at 16:21 ----------

After watching some episodes of 'Can't Pay, Won't Pay' (which is admittedly shown from the bailiffs' perspective) I think that some debtors (by no means all) deserve all they get, such as the ones who try to lie and cheat their way out of paying their creditors; or the ones who owe thousands in rent because they spend their welfare money on designer clothes; or the ones who trash their rental accommodation. I am not of course saying that the OP falls into any of these categories, but simply making the point that creditors have rights too.

Yes I agree with you some people do need sorting out but read futher down what I have put

The problem is often that computers move a lot faster than people do, and once the computer has spoken it seems very difficult to get it to change its mind... Often the only recourse seems to be to go to law, and then you are fighting not only the alleged offence but the cost of the lawyers. And if it all goes horribly wrong you'll probably end up having to sell your house!

I also think £548 does seem out of all proportion to the offence.

Its a long story but here goes, I go to London a lot delivering the congestion charge is £11.50 if you pay before you go in or on the day before midnight.they have the option of paying £10 and you can set an account up with them to automatically deduct your payment at a reduced price of £10 every time you go in the charge area,sounds good so I set an account up with them gave them all my van details and bank account details,I got a thank you email from them saying I have an account number Job done so I thought, the next time I went to London I got a charge come through the post saying I have a fine of non payment of the congestion charge £65,so I got on the phone telling them I had an account with you to pay automatically here is my account number and details,I could hear her clicking away on the computer she came back and said you havent paid the £10 setting up fee for your account what I said you have all my account details..more clicking then she said what kind of card do have I said I have a mastro card more clicking she said you can't set this account up with a mestro card, I said I filled everthing in on line I gave you all my details there was nothing that flagged up on line saying this,ok can I pay the £10 now with my mestro card now yes you can but you will still have to pay the £65 fine though,ok so can I pay the fine with my mestro card then yes of course she said are you paying it now I said no im not Im going to dispute this fine..I sent the form back disputing it it then went up to £195 I sent another online dispute in and they sent some back saying I should have got a confirmation back for the £10 deposit and I did not reply back to it never saw any confirmation email,sorry they said the fine will stand they then bumped it up to £205 and then sent it to a dodgy court in Northampton to get it legalised Iv read a few stories about this so called court in Northampton.next its sent to this bunch of idiots who then add thire bit on top and come and hassel you for the money.

---------- Post added 29-10-2016 at 16:21 ----------

Yes I agree with you some people do need sorting out but read futher down what I have put

The court in Northampton serves as a bulk processing centre for debt matters. Despite what many internet forums tell you, it is still a court of law (albeit an administrative one) and the claim form issued is still a valid small claim. If you were still contesting the amounts then there are response forms and a procedure to follow.

The instruction of bailiffs must mean its not been responded to and its just the next stage of the action. They are just doing their jobs as instructed by the court order i dont think there is any need for the name caling and attitude.

If you still dispute the debt I would recommend that you urgent seek some advice and respond asap - otherwise the fees will just keep increasing.

Edited by ECCOnoob