Bailiffs in this country are a joke

What court order I have not seen any court order all Ive got is a bit of scribbled on paper from a certain named bailiff company,and another thing I am certainly not burying my head in the sand.

You say earlier that that you knew it had gone through Northampton BCC to get "legalised" How did you find that out? Did you receive something from them? If it has gone through court there would have been a letter/Claim Form, "Judgment" and then the order for the Bailiffs.

If you genuinely have not received anything whatsoever from Court are you sure these people are actual official Bailiffs and not just some debt collectors.

I would seriously make some calls and check when you can on Monday.

Unless you have seen the original court order you know Jack all about what he owes just like I dont.

I am not trying to keep "rip off bailiffs in business". I have already said that they are just doing their job as instructed by a COURT ORDER.

Its nothing to do the with bailiffs. London Corporation have pursued the debt and whether the OP agrees with it, has time to deal with, or cares about it, he is the one who has got to deal with it properly.

I note he says that London Corporation dont listen to him, but it should not be them involved now. Its gone to court and been issued. A claim form must be produced and there is a procedure for responding to as shown below:

https://www.gov.uk/respond-to-court-claim-for-money

There is a whole stage for dealing with people who dispute the amount or dispute whether they owe a debt at all.

Ignoring it and acting like a petulant child WILL NOT make it go away.

From the OP's own comment is clear how this debt has accumulated and its going to keep doing so until its resolved properly.

Im trying to be helpful but if people like you and the OP want to dismiss it as sticking up for "rip off" bailiffs and "dodgy" courts then quite frankly there is sod all I can do.

Good luck with your head burying.

Then the courts are wrong, and should be challenged / changed. Where's the common sense / compassion gone. Personally, I'd go to jail rather than pay it. If it costs £1,000 + to keep someone in jail, then I'd rather do that and let them pay for it. (I've got nothing to lose) That's how ridiculous the system is.

Then the courts are wrong, and should be challenged / changed. Where's the common sense / compassion gone. Personally, I'd go to jail rather than pay it. If it costs £1,000 + to keep someone in jail, then I'd rather do that and let them pay for it. (I've got nothing to lose) That's how ridiculous the system is.

Let them? You mean the British tax payer? You'd rather the British tax payer pays for your private dispute with Transport for London or whoever runs the Congestion Charge?

Seems like they have a default judgment against you. You failed to defend the claim and notify the court , therefore the bailiffs are just seeking to enforce. Its all very well sating you wont let them in, but they will just go back to court to get a court order. That will cost more money.

You should go and get some legal advice before it spirals further.

I dont understand what you mean Anna.

People are allowed to bring Civil money claims if money is owed, damages are due and compensation awards applied just as much as People are allowed to defend, challenge, reduce or strike out any claim brought against them.

Justice works both ways you know. People can sue companies. People can sue people. Companies can sue people and Companies can sue companies.

Equally all of the above have a right to defend any claim brought against them.

Are you really saying some specific persons should be excluded from the universal legal system? Do companies not a right to seek any unpaid monies due to them?

You say earlier that that you knew it had gone through Northampton BCC to get "legalised" How did you find that out? Did you receive something from them? If it has gone through court there would have been a letter/Claim Form, "Judgment" and then the order for the Bailiffs.

If you genuinely have not received anything whatsoever from Court are you sure these people are actual official Bailiffs and not just some debt collectors.

I would seriously make some calls and check when you can on Monday.

no to be honest with you I have not had anything from the Northampton court I just have had this sort of thing happen to me in the past with this court I was surmising they have got this from this court I also have had dealings with this bunch of money chasers before I know we can not name them on the forum but they have a poor track record for being bully boys

no to be honest with you I have not had anything from the Northampton court I just have had this sort of thing happen to me in the past with this court I was surmising they have got this from this court I also have had dealings with this bunch of money chasers before I know we can not name them on the forum but they have a poor track record for being bully boys

You have had zero correspondence from the claimant or the court?

Ask them for proof and then confirm it is genuine plus they have been instructed to collect.

I dont understand what you mean Anna.

People are allowed to bring Civil money claims if money is owed, damages are due and compensation awards applied just as much as People are allowed to defend, challenge, reduce or strike out any claim brought against them.

Justice works both ways you know. People can sue companies. People can sue people. Companies can sue people and Companies can sue companies.

Equally all of the above have a right to defend any claim brought against them.

Are you really saying some specific persons should be excluded from the universal legal system? Do companies not a right to seek any unpaid monies due to them?

I'm not saying they should be excluded, I'm saying they are excluded.

Legal aid is only available for criminal cases. Anything else involves the possibility of paying extortionate legal fees, and there is never any guarantee of winning, or having costs paid by the other side or returned to you, no matter how rock solid your case may seem to you. That alone is enough to put people off, especially if going up against an organisation for whom money is no object. It seems justice in no longer a right of the little people.

As a legal Sheffield forummer once told me in a previous post 'The law is about the law, not justice.' and I have had the experience to prove it.

Edited by Anna B

He owes the 10 congestion charge. He's right to fight all the way until he gets his day in court. No way 600 can ever be justified.

Why dont you offer to represent him, then? Court wouldnt have issued judgment without giving him the opportunity to defend against the claim. If you dont respond to letters or work out a means of paying then they are entitled to pass it to the bailiffs. Fight away.