Bailiffs in this country are a joke

Me personally would have paid what was due at the earliest time, I know its a chit situation but you would have saved yourself hundreds of pounds and all this hassle and grief.

Ok then would you have paid knowing what the the facts were at the time I'm sure most people would have contested it then, hindsight is wonderful thing, thinking now ya I would probably be better paying first its gone on a lot further than that now.

Ok then would you have paid knowing what the the facts were at the time I'm sure most people would have contested it then, hindsight is wonderful thing, thinking now ya I would probably be better paying first its gone on a lot further than that now.

All i was saying is i would have just paid it. As it always cost more to leave it. When i got a ticket i manned up and paid the thing. It was all over and done with then. Nothing to do with hindsight.

So; you stepped through the account creation process, entered your personal details, van details and presumably direct debit details but didn't actually pay the initial £10 setup fee. So no authorised account exists, because you didn't pay for it.

I've worked with enough online payment systems in my time to know that entering the details of an invalid or unsupported card will cause a validation error before any attempt at taking payment is made (Maestro card numbers have a different format to Visa for example). If they didn't support Maestro, you would have known immediately.

I think you are telling porkies; it might be a genuine mistake, but you didn't try and pay the £10 setup fee and whilst you have an account creation email you don't have a payment fail or success email. It's your fault no matter how much you moan about it.

So; you stepped through the account creation process, entered your personal details, van details and presumably direct debit details but didn't actually pay the initial £10 setup fee. So no authorised account exists, because you didn't pay for it.

I've worked with enough online payment systems in my time to know that entering the details of an invalid or unsupported card will cause a validation error before any attempt at taking payment is made (Maestro card numbers have a different format to Visa for example). If they didn't support Maestro, you would have known immediately.

I think you are telling porkies; it might be a genuine mistake, but you didn't try and pay the £10 setup fee and whilst you have an account creation email you don't have a payment fail or success email. It's your fault no matter how much you moan about it.

Im not telling porkies I set it up on line filled every part in properly and went over it a second time gave the bank account details exspecting it was a done deal,the system is not set up to take the £10 set up fee on a maestro card it seems the account can be set up on a maestro bank account but not the deposit nothing was sent to me saying I had not paid the £10 set up fee,as I said before I have an account number and I am to this day still receiving regular information emails from them now using the same account number...

---------- Post added 30-10-2016 at 13:37 ----------

All i was saying is i would have just paid it. As it always cost more to leave it. When i got a ticket i manned up and paid the thing. It was all over and done with then. Nothing to do with hindsight.

Ive always paid them in the past I've had a charge from this type of thing in London before paid because I was in the wrong ,but this one was not my fault I was not going to pay something I feel I was not responsible for..

Im not telling porkies I set it up on line filled every part in properly and went over it a second time gave the bank account details exspecting it was a done deal,the system is not set up to take the £10 set up fee on a maestro card it seems the account can be set up on a maestro bank account but not the deposit nothing was sent to me saying I had not paid the £10 set up fee,as I said before I have an account number and I am to this day still receiving regular information emails from them now using the same account number...

---------- Post added 30-10-2016 at 13:37 ----------

Ive always paid them in the past I've had a charge from this type of thing in London before paid because I was in the wrong ,but this one was not my fault I was not going to pay something I feel I was not responsible for..

But you had 28 days from receiving the PNC to complain. If you had done that you would have either won or lost but it wouldn't have escalated to the bailiff stage. (assuming you paid the fine if you lost of course)

But you had 28 days from receiving the PNC to complain. If you had done that you would have either won or lost but it wouldn't have escalated to the bailiff stage. (assuming you paid the fine if you lost of course)

The mistake I made was after the judgment went against I should have either paid it at the cost of £195 or as they said looked into this further action but I let it slip they then sent it to the Bailiffs after that stage,I could have paid the £195 at the time but I admit to being a bit peeved and stubborn.

I would have paid £65 given the conversation you outlined earlier in the thread. What cost my time? What cost my sanity dealing with some jobsworth giving me the run around?

The appeals process I saw showed you had to write a letter outlining your complaint - how long did that take you? As I said, £65 is a bargain.