Would you report a taxi for speeding?

Isn't it the drivers responsibility to ensure everyone is strapped in before they set off ?

No it isn't.......

Yes it is if you are under 14,

mafya you are wrong again admit it, and stop trying to make out you are better then you are.

Yes it is if you are under 14,

mafya you are wrong again admit it, and stop trying to make out you are better then you are.

The op is over 14 so no I'm not wrong and stop taking my answer out of context, the op is over 14 so my answer was right.

How am I thinking I'm better then I am you numb nut?

oh dear oh dear

i will put it in baby talk for you

Daven posted

Isn't it the drivers responsibility to ensure everyone is strapped in before they set off

My Bold

You posted

No it isn't

i posted

does this not apply then

C+P

The law requires that drivers and passengers aged 14 and over in cars, vans and other commercial vehicles must wear a seatbelt, if available. As a driver you are responsible for ensuring that anyone under the age of 14 wears a seat belt or uses an appropriate child restraint as required by law.?

You stated a taxi driver is NOT responsible for ensuring every body has got there seatbelt on, everybody is the operative word.

oh dear oh dear

i will put it in baby talk for you

Daven posted

Isn't it the drivers responsibility to ensure everyone is strapped in before they set off

My Bold

You posted

No it isn't

i posted

does this not apply then

C+P

The law requires that drivers and passengers aged 14 and over in cars, vans and other commercial vehicles must wear a seatbelt, if available. As a driver you are responsible for ensuring that anyone under the age of 14 wears a seat belt or uses an appropriate child restraint as required by law.?

You stated a taxi driver is NOT responsible for ensuring every body has got there seatbelt on, everybody is the operative word.

No need to put it in baby talk as we are not all infants like yourself.

I suggest you go away and get pedantic with someone else as I havnt got time to be arguing with idiots who twist and take things out of context when it is clear that in this case the taxi driver was not responsible for ensuring that the passenger had their seatbelt on. :wave:

your insults dont make you right mafya, have the guts to admit you have got the wrong end of the stick.

what i have posted above (24) is as it is nothing added and nothing taken away, as usual mafya you are trying to score points.

Surely the taxi driver has a duty of care to his passengers ? Also, if passengers in the back of the car are not restrained and there is an impact said passengers could easily cause the death of the driver when they fly forwards onto the driver. It is very messy.

Surely the taxi driver has a duty of care to his passengers ? Also, if passengers in the back of the car are not restrained and there is an impact said passengers could easily cause the death of the driver when they fly forwards onto the driver. It is very messy.

From the description in the OP it sounds more like they were travelling in a hackney carriage in which case the only thing they would hit would be the perspex screening.

Grown adult in back of cab for whatever reason didnt get their belt on quick enough. Cab turns corner and they impact door and fall to floor. Its clearly an accident but does the OP know that the cab was speeding and/or driving recklessly. They say in their own posts that they dont remember anything. Any vehicle turning a corner - even at a reasonable speed will shift an unbelted passenger about, even to a point of causing them injury.

If it was so serious im sure they would have raised issue with the driver and took it further to complain there and then. I did ask the question of what happened when they told the driver but this has been met with silence from the OP and and accusations of me being deliberately sarcastic.

The fact is unless they have x-ray vision and can see the speedo from the floor I really dont know how they can cateogrically prove any allegation of speeding. Reckless driving maybe, but whose words against who.

Its an accident at the end of the day and reporting requires evidence.

Edited by ECCOnoob

From the description in the OP it sounds more like they were travelling in a hackney carriage in which case the only thing they would hit would be the perspex screening.

Grown adult in back of cab for whatever reason didnt get their belt on quick enough. Cab turns corner and they impact door and fall to floor. Its clearly an accident but does the OP know that the cab was speeding and/or driving recklessly. They say in their own posts that they dont remember anything. Any vehicle turning a corner - even at a reasonable speed will shift an unbelted passenger about, even to a point of causing them injury.

If it was so serious im sure they would have raised issue with the driver and took it further to complain there and then. I did ask the question of what happened when they told the driver but this has been met with silence from the OP and and accusations of me being deliberately sarcastic.

The fact is unless they have x-ray vision and can see the speedo from the floor I really dont know how they can cateogrically prove any allegation of speeding. Reckless driving maybe, but whose words against who.

Its an accident at the end of the day and reporting requires evidence.

bold: especially in Lti black cabs, which are designed for practicality rather than comfort. If there is a choice when hailing, I go for a Eurocab.

These days cabs have to have all the handles (that they've always had) in bright yellow. That's for a reason. The rare times I use them, even with a seat belt on, I hold onto these - especially if p****d.