No Orgreave inquiry

i dont know anything about that, but it is suggested soldiers were wearing police uniforms

they were there to blockade entry to Orgreave, they were not there primarily to cause violence, this was started by the police

Indeed, it had worked in '72, which resulted in the miners winning and the Tory government falling.

they were there to blockade entry to Orgreave, they were not there primarily to cause violence, this was started by the police

Contrary to common law of obstructing the highway. Contrary to the Public Order Act of 1936.

They went for a confrontation. They started tossing stones way before the police mounted charge as they well admit and certainly before the TV started filming them.

And then they cry it's not fair? No it wasnt fair on the lorry drivers just doing their jobs. It wasnt that fair on the police. But it's all the fault of the police that presumably made all those miners go there and do these things?

Give me a break.

So African states should be fully compensated for slavery then?

THAT far back.

To be honest, I haven't a clue and wouldn't be comfortable saying either way unless I knew an awful lot more about it.

Off the top of my head it could be morally correct but logistically impossible.

Whilst I understand your reason for asking that question, it is entirely irrelevant to this thread as, in my opinion the passage of time is not a reason to rule out an Orgreave inquiry. As you yourself said, it happened at roughly the same time as Hillsborough and we know that was entirely justified.

---------- Post added 31-10-2016 at 19:46 ----------

A bunch of miners had a dust up with the old bill, it's not going to change the world :roll::roll::roll:

It's a waste of money and a waste of time.

No-one died, no-one was prosecuted, compensation has already been handed out.

Exactly the same kind of dismissive attitude that was thrown at Hillsborough.

Did you learn nothing from that?

Mass picketing to impact the steel industry who needed the coke.

As I mentioned before, Scargill was mislead into thinking Orgreave was more significant than it was.

The steel workers had refused to back the miners. The triple alliance didn't hold.

Scargill was only in it for himself, like all other union leaders. For him it was all about feathering his nest at the expense of the miners.

I'll never forget that day at Orgreave either.

My husband, myself and two young children were stuck in our car along with a few other cars on Rotherham Road whilst the thuggish miners threw bricks etc towards us. We had been visiting relatives just round the corner and unwittingly drove onto Rotherham Road on our way home. The miners were in a frenzy just throwing whatever they could... luckily we and the other unfortunate cars managed to escape before we were hit. It was the most frightening experience I have ever encountered.

I was there and believe me, the miners started throwing bricks etc. long before the mounted police became involved.

Indeed, it had worked in '72, which resulted in the miners winning and the Tory government falling.

But this time Scargill took on more than he could chew. He was well out of his depth thinking he could bully Thatcher . His actions put his members on the dole.

To be honest, I haven't a clue and wouldn't be comfortable saying either way unless I knew an awful lot more about it.

Off the top of my head it could be morally correct but logistically impossible.

Whilst I understand your reason for asking that question, it is entirely irrelevant to this thread as, in my opinion the passage of time is not a reason to rule out an Orgreave inquiry. As you yourself said, it happened at roughly the same time as Hillsborough and we know that was entirely justified.

---------- Post added 31-10-2016 at 19:46 ----------

Exactly the same kind of dismissive attitude that was thrown at Hillsborough.

Did you learn nothing from that?

all I learned from Hillsborough inquiry was that not one Liverpool fan did anything wrong