No Orgreave inquiry

I know I sound like a broken record but, they said that about Hillsborough too.

I think it is less likely to happen for Orgreave but I hope you are wrong.

I don't think Hillsborough was about a bunch of shipped in thugs intent on violence to prevent folk who wanted to work going about their business at their place of employment.

You show disrespect to the innocents who died; some of them children, none of whom were looking for trouble; at Hillsborough with this comparison. Nobody died at Orgreave and nobody went to prison.

It's not comparable.

Why are inquiries held that have nothing to do with death or prison?

---------- Post added 01-11-2016 at 19:57 ----------

I don't think Hillsborough was about a bunch of shipped in thugs intent on violence to prevent folk who wanted to work going about their business at their place of employment.

No it wasn't. It was about an incompetent and corrupt police force who falsified evidence and sought to protect itself at all costs.

Are people genuinely suggesting none of that happened at Orgreave?

No it wasn't. It was about an incompetent and corrupt police force who falsified evidence and sought to protect itself at all costs.

What happened at Orgreave was Scargill bussed in violent, militant thugs to have a pop at the police.

They came for a ruck with the police and they got one. Problem is they lost ,and are still whinging about it.

I'm quite sure it did, certainly as SYP forked out £425k in compo way back in the 80s. I'll admit there was no disciplinary action but what's going to happen to those policemen now?

What happened at Orgreave was Scargill bussed in violent, militant thugs to have a pop at the police.

They came for a ruck with the police and they got one. Problem is they lost ,and are still whinging about it.

Why did the men involved get compensation?

South Yorkshire Police later agreed to pay £425,000 compensation and £100,000 in legal costs to 39 pickets in an out of court settlement.

Why did the men involved get compensation?

South Yorkshire Police later agreed to pay £425,000 compensation and £100,000 in legal costs to 39 pickets in an out of court settlement.

why would violent thugs looking for trouble get all that compo? it doesnt add up lol