No Orgreave inquiry

Originally Posted by mikem8634

[/color]You apply remarkably low standards to your powerful institutions.

no i apply standards that i wish live by in a society that longer has to worry about violent pickets whilst carrying out their lawful employment.

the Powerful institutions as you call them should have stronger powers in my opinion:roll:

Edited by pmurtdlanod1

no i apply standards that i wish live by in a society that longer has to worry about violent pickets whilst carrying out their lawful employment.

the Powerful institutions as you call them should have stronger powers in my opinion:roll:

Should they have the power to act illegally?

No, we can't have a bunch of unelected thugs dictating government policy, their revolution needed to be crushed. Not saying everyone at Orgreave was a thug, some were just naive young men that were lead astray by Arthur Scargill.

I asked you if you could be wrong.

You have answered no.

The only way that it would be literally impossible for you to be wrong, would be if you had absolute knowledge of every single fact relating to Orgreave.

Is that what you are claiming?

I asked you if you could be wrong.

You have answered no.

The only way that it would be literally impossible for you to be wrong, would be if you had absolute knowledge of every single fact relating to Orgreave.

Is that what you are claiming?

Many of the facts are irrelevant, the relevant facts are that the police would not have been there if Arthur Scargill hadn't organised a revolution intent on bringing down the elected government.

Many of the facts are irrelevant, the relevant facts are that the police would not have been there if Arthur Scargill hadn't organised a revolution intent on bringing down the elected government.

I've got no idea if Scargill thought he was gonna bring the Government down all i know is that the miners i have worked with who were there were fighting to keep the pits open.Nothing more sinister than that.

I asked you if you were claiming absolute knowledge of every fact related to Orgreave.

Are you?

Or do you accept that such a claim would be ridiculous?

How would the truth come out,the police won't admit to lies and the miners would just say they clobbered us,they wouldn't say they clobbered us because we threw rocks at them.

Part of the job of an inquiry is to overcome opposition.

You have just argued against ever investigating any crime.