No Orgreave inquiry

Makes what OK? You think that it's OK for a pile of miners to have a riotous assembly contrary to the law, and in order to stop other people going peaceably about their lawful occasions and you justify that because a single copper after the event was not actually in fact mean to someone who shouldn't have been there?

Yup typical miners thinking that. I'm sure that's how they rationalised bricking my school bus and dropping blocks of concrete on taxi drivers.

No I don't think it's ok to riot. I don't think it's ok for the police to charge at people that aren't rioting either.

---------- Post added 31-10-2016 at 15:52 ----------

Oh right - so what you are saying is that the police turned up to stop the coke deliveries and the miners wanted to let the coke wagons out.

Cool.

You are aware the trials collapsed because police evidence was unreliable right?

Cool.

No I don't think it's ok to riot. I don't think it's ok for the police to charge at people that aren't rioting either.

---------- Post added 31-10-2016 at 15:52 ----------

You are aware the trials collapsed because police evidence was unreliable right?

Cool.

Unlike the non evidence presented by miners who were there acting aggressively under instruction from the Union representatives.

Its amazing how many of those miners see it through rose tinted glasses these days especially those who weren't there.

I wasn't there - my family and neighbours were and miraculously they now recant their tales of "daring do" and fisticuffs for the sake of it and blame everyone else.

What do people realistically want out of any inquiry anyway??

You already know SYP were bent as a banana and still struggle with it today.

Anyone serving at the incident is long since retired, many are probably dead - no-one is going to face prosecution.

Police tactics have long since changed for dealing with riots as well, so apart from dragging up the past and telling everyone what is already known whats the point??

On the news last night they spoke to two miners and a police officer who was there. The police officer said they were told what words they had to include in their statements, which, he said was wrong and that this had never happened before. If what he says is true then it should be investigated as it seems they only wanted the statements to contain what was dictated to the officers.

What do people realistically want out of any inquiry anyway??

You already know SYP were bent as a banana and still struggle with it today.

Anyone serving at the incident is long since retired, many are probably dead - no-one is going to face prosecution.

Police tactics have long since changed for dealing with riots as well, so apart from dragging up the past and telling everyone what is already known whats the point??

I don't actually think it's necessary. Compensation has been paid and the trials collapsed. But this notion that the miners were asking for it and the police were whiter than white is ludicrous.

Pointing out that the narrative the BBC showed at the time was chronologically misleading is fair IMHO.

How many people are permitted on an official picket line?

Precisly.

That many miners turning up and admitting they were there to block the Queens highway is not acceptable. This just happened to be the time the police changed tactics and the miners didn't like one bit - so much so they are still whining about it three decades later.

The rest of the world got on with their lives.