The House Skate Park - my review

Finally went to The house today with a few mates. What a couple of hours!

The 53 bus has been diverted and I ended up getting off near Hillsborough Barracks! I waited for ages for my mates to arrive. Eventually they arrived we got skating. It was so easy to get a membership card, just go in and sign up for £1. I got in and as a beginner I landed on my back end at least one going down ramps but I got going and we started on the half-pipe skating up and down. My mad mate decided to go down the biggest ramps at The House and because he'd been before he stayed on his feet. I didn't dare the ramps were massive! :hihi: After an hour I finally skittled someone! My mad mate Fin came down a massive ramp and was coming up a smaller one - I was coming the opposition direction - he flew off the side and bashed his head against the wall:shocked: I blamed myself as the beginner.

The House was big, fast but amazing. We did get trouble with roller bladers who decided to skate in the half-pipe where we were - a small half pipe with 4 beginning skaters in and learning how to revert and that sorta stuff. I eventually learnt how to revert before we got some free stickers.

I loved The House so much I'm going back asap!

10/10 Great for beginners, really cool and a great environment

Archived