New Puppy needs forum wisdom

Mordant

Yeah, I saw that in Cookes - that all looks much simpler than tinternet would have me believe.

So got bowls, lead, collar, crate, some vetbed, a handful of rubber and plushy kong toys, a small pack of training treats to get started, and an appointment at the vet.

Puppy is arriving a day earlier than planned, on Sunday, so just Friday and Saturday to enjoy as our last dog free days!

I think we'll get a harness once we can try one on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 4-4-2 - he's a 9 week old English Springer Spaniel!

Well, puppy has been at home for a week and has really settled in nicely. He sleeps nicely on his own in his crate at night, and starts puppy classes next week.

Spent a busy hour on the Moor with him this afternoon, watching the piegons and buses, and getting fed treats by random strangers. He was relaxed and interested throughout, so we're very proud of the little fella.

Been back to Cookes, and got some great advice on a suitable puppy kibble, and we're gradually moving him on. The vet at Highfield practice gave him a clean bill of health, and his final vacs are on Dec 1, and we can look forward to putting him down on the ground at last.

Thanks for all your puppy help and advice everyone!

Hi 4-4-2 - he's a 9 week old English Springer Spaniel!

Well, puppy has been at home for a week and has really settled in nicely. He sleeps nicely on his own in his crate at night, and starts puppy classes next week.

Spent a busy hour on the Moor with him this afternoon, watching the piegons and buses, and getting fed treats by random strangers. He was relaxed and interested throughout, so we're very proud of the little fella.

Been back to Cookes, and got some great advice on a suitable puppy kibble, and we're gradually moving him on. The vet at Highfield practice gave him a clean bill of health, and his final vacs are on Dec 1, and we can look forward to putting him down on the ground at last.

Thanks for all your puppy help and advice everyone!

Yay! He sounds fabulous and lucky to have you! Enjoy x

Hi Mordant

Welcome to the dog owners community. How's the house training going? Some dogs just "get it" and some don't! Mine didn't for quite a while but he's superb now. Something no one has mentioned is you may want to buy some anti-chew spray! I say that but my dog loves licking the bottle (!!!). However, when your pup gets to that stage you will need to protect your home! Thankfully it's just a phase they go through but it's best to be ready for it. Watch out for things like telephone cables etc!!