Seni 06 martial arts show

Yes I went to the night show "pain and glory". The fights were excellent but some of the decisions were a little bit farcical :P

There were a lot of stands there doing equipment and things like that.

I had a glimpse of the BJJ competition. It wasnt bad at all seemed very good.

There was also a demo of this Sikh Martial art that included a lot of weaponry and a lot of Banghra style drumming.

I haven't been for the last couple of years. the last one i went to was much moer commercial than the previous one - more stalls and less demos. i've seen the sikh guys a couple of times though - great to watch!

There were a few semi contact open tournaments in the daytime as well.

"Judgement Day" , "The Gathering" and another sanctioned by a mickey mouse organisation called "MAGB".

The MAGB was a complete flop, there were only 4 clubs in the whole tournament. One club from Birmingham brought a lot of fighters and they ended up all fighting each other! :hihi:

The Judgement day was a real disgrace as well. One fighter landed a perfect side kick to his opponents nose stopping his opponent. The losing fighters coach walked over and sparked the winning fighter clean out! :o

Police were called and the idiot arrested. I heard from a mate of mine from the Birmingham area that the idiot was an instructor from Sheffield but I am yet to confirm this.

Is there no respect in martial arts? Oh sorry of course there is, its just the Semi Contact crowd who decide to act like idiots. They havent got the cajones to fight full contact so they act like thugs at a semi contact tournament to make them feel hard.

Yes Sunny Pain and Glory was excellent even though those southern chavs were a tad annoying .

Archived