Could Britex cause an early General Election?

So you also don't know anyone that voted on the basis that the NHS would get £350 million a week, and if the remoaners get their way we will carry on funding the EU after we leave so the money won't be available to fund anything.

Firstly, stop belittling people you are arguing with by using the derogatory expression of Remoaners. I have as much right to debate this as you do.

Secondly, I just told you that I met at least five people who mainly voted on the understanding they would get a significant increase for the NHS. So I did meet them and they do exist.

You are simply brushing over the announcement from Mother May that the NHS not only will not get any extra money, it will also have to find a way to plug the huge deficit it runs at. The NHS is dying on its feet, I work with people who work in the NHS every day, if it does not get more funding soon it is going to implode. If EU nurses and doctors get told they aren't welcome, or indeed need a visa etc. and leave the NHS in droves (which is already occurring in smaller numbers by the way) than the NHS will implode.

This was all predicted before the vote. But some people only saw the magic words '£350 million to the NHS!'.

Firstly, stop belittling people you are arguing with by using the derogatory expression of Remoaners. I have as much right to debate this as you do.

Secondly, I just told you that I met at least five people who mainly voted on the understanding they would get a significant increase for the NHS. So I did meet them and they do exist.

You are simply brushing over the announcement from Mother May that the NHS not only will not get any extra money, it will also have to find a way to plug the huge deficit it runs at. The NHS is dying on its feet, I work with people who work in the NHS every day, if it does not get more funding soon it is going to implode. If EU nurses and doctors get told they aren't welcome, or indeed need a visa etc. and leave the NHS in droves (which is already occurring in smaller numbers by the way) than the NHS will implode.

This was all predicted before the vote. But some people only saw the magic words '£350 million to the NHS!'.

You have every right to moan about the result and I wouldn't take that away from you, I have every right to call moaning remainders remoaners. Definition of remoaner (someone who voted to stay in the EU and is complaining about the vote to leave) Its not a term of belittlement.

Significant and £350 million a week are different.

We haven't left yet so the £350 million isn't available to spend on the UK's priorities and if remoaners get their way it will never be available.

Edited by Petminder

I met no one who voted stay who thought that but did meet many who voted stay because of immigration and wanted what is now termed a "hard Brexit."

You are simply brushing over the announcement from Mother May that the NHS not only will not get any extra money, it will also have to find a way to plug the huge deficit it runs at.

First you say stop using what you think is the derogatory expression Remoaners and then use another derogatory expression "Mother May."

But some people only saw the magic words '£350 million to the NHS!'.

It must only have been some as that slogan was replaced very quickly after being rightly criticized with one that read "We send the EU £350 million a week - let's fund our NHS instead." Then with main Brexit drive one month before the vote it was replaced again on a rebranded bus with the words "We send the EU £50m a day."

It must only have been some as that slogan was replaced very quickly after being rightly criticized with one that read "We send the EU £350 million a week - let's fund our NHS instead." Then with main Brexit drive one month before the vote it was replaced again on a rebranded bus with the words "We send the EU £50m a day."

It's disingenuous to pretend that wasn't indented to give the impression that the NHS would get an extra £350m a week.

It's disingenuous to pretend that wasn't indented to give the impression that the NHS would get an extra £350m a week.

Only a moron would think the NHS was going to get the £350m a week, and anyone moronic to believe it would have also believed they would loose £4000 a year and that the world as they know it would end with the advent of WW3, so would have voted to remain.

Edited by Petminder

Only a moron would think the NHS was going to get the £350m a week, so unless you think leave voters are morons its unlikely to have affected their vote.

Only a moron would think voting to leave the EU will somehow instantly and magically make their life better.

Only a moron would think the NHS was going to get the £350m a week, so unless you think leave voters are morons its unlikely to have affected their vote.

Only a moron would think they would make it such a prominent part of their campaign if they didn't think it would influence how people would vote.

Only a moron would think voting to leave the EU will somehow instantly and magically make their life better.

Only a moron would think that was the reason people voted to leave.

---------- Post added 05-11-2016 at 13:41 ----------

Only a moron would think they would make it such a prominent part of their campaign if they didn't think it would influence how people would vote.

Lots of morons on both side of the campaign in that case.