Could Britex cause an early General Election?

Hey - just because you don't like a quotation which refutes the previous 'fact', no need to get so shirty - I was proving that some people did vote because they believed the £350M figure.

It does not refute any fact and only proves that the Guardian have cherry picked and chosen 2 people out of the many to get their story.

Besides, don't you know the word gullible is being taken out of the dictionary?

http://empirenews.net/merriam-webster-international-dictionary-drops-the-word-gullible-from-2015-edition/

I think you will find that its being taken out of the merriam webster dictionary only. Most people I know still use the more popular Oxford English Dictionary

It does not refute any fact and only proves that the Guardian have cherry picked and chosen 2 people out of the many to get their story.

Surely it refutes your claim that "no one really believed this"?

Or doesn't Shirley count?

Also, think about the link to the gullible being taken out of the dictionary bit...

Or doesn't Shirley count?

Also, think about the link to the gullible being taken out of the dictionary bit...

Can't believe people still fall for that. Tehehe ;)

The thing that blaffed me about the referendum was why did neither side mention the Euro after all the main point of the EU was trade strengthed by an political union?

The remainers could have argued about the benefits of the Euro and trade but as far as I can remember no one said anything.

The Leavers could have in turn pointed out the flaws of the Euro and on trade.

Yes I know the referendum was about should we stay or go but if remain had won the day the question of the Euro surely would have needed to be addressed either though another referendum or an MP vote ?

In 2010 the government passed the Fixed Term Act now in theory that means the next general election will be May 2020 what if negotiations became complex and May realises that she can not deliver and resigned . Would this mean the Tories would have an leadership contest again or would this mean over turning Fixed Term Act as the government have failed to deliver on Brexit and only way out is though an general election ?

The thing that blaffed me about the referendum was why did neither side mention the Euro after all the main point of the EU was trade strengthed by an political union?

The remainers could have argued about the benefits of the Euro and trade but as far as I can remember no one said anything.

Yes I know the referendum was about should we stay or go but if remain had won the day the question of the Euro surely would have needed to be addressed either though another referendum or an MP vote ?

In 2010 the government passed the Fixed Term Act now in theory that means the next general election will be May 2020 what if negotiations became complex and May realises that she can not deliver and resigned . Would this mean the Tories would have an leadership contest again or would this mean over turning Fixed Term Act as the government have failed to deliver on Brexit and only way out is though an general election ?

the fixed term act is only valid unless there is a vote of no confidence in the government

Why would it? The remain position was to keep the current relationship with the EU.

Yep, I now have to agree that you are right, 2 people according to the Guardian actually believed it. :)

---------- Post added 06-11-2016 at 02:12 ----------

Thinking.. still thinking.. nope nothing changed.. still thinking.