Could Britex cause an early General Election?

It depends if he was a grass or if he was hiding snout. Obviously if he was some sort of nonce, somebody will have word - naughty faces probably.

I'm not sure how that relates to the court ruling.

Was a point about blaming judges for making a rational ruling.

If, as a result of the ruling, MPs scupper Brexit it's not the judges' fault. They were just doing their job according to the rule of law which in this country is independent from parliament and rightly so.

---------- Post added 13-11-2016 at 17:15 ----------

They will if they want re-electing at the next GE . It would be political suicide to vote against triggering it.

I suspect the 50 who will vote against triggering article 50 are from Jimmy Krankie`s SNP

Would it? In Scotland, NI, Cardiff, Harrogate, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, London etc etc all of which backed remain? Why do you think it would be political suicide? Have you not read Ash's post? I think Tinfo made the point somewhere as well.

Or is that just what you want to think because you aren't all that savvy about which areas voted remain and by quite what margin?

Why would it be political suicide for an MP to scupper Brexit if their city, as several did, backed Remain Penny flower?

Edited by Santo

Was a point about blaming judges for making a rational ruling.

If, as a a result of the ruling MPs scupper Brexit it's not the judges' fault. They were just doing their job according to the rule of law which in this country is independent from parliament and rightly so.

---------- Post added 13-11-2016 at 17:15 ----------

Would it? In Scotland, NI, Cardiff, Harrogate, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, London etc etc all of which backed remain? Why do you think it would be political suicide? Have you not read Ash's post? I think Tinfo made the point somewhere as well.

Or is that just what you want to think because you aren't all that savvy about which areas voted remain and by quite what margin?

If all you suggest vote against it, Labour would not want a a GM they know they would do poorly, I guess they would abstain letting the Government carry the day

If all you suggest vote against it, Labour would not want a a GM they know they would do poorly, I guess they would abstain letting the Government carry the day

Do you mean GE??

No, I don't think there are enough MPs to vote against it. But I don't think it would necessarily be political suicide for some MPs in the cities I listed, and others, to do so. Penny does.

may bad GE

I agree Labour probably won't want one. But not agreeing when challenged to one could look very weak. Saying we don't want one because we will lose is a shocking indictment of their situation and an admission of failure to take the government to task. Good opposition, IMHO, should always be raring to go.

And on the flip side, if they lose as badly as predicted Corbyn would have to resign.

Edited by Santo

I agree Labour probably won't want one. But not agreeing when challenged to one could look very weak. Saying we don't want one because we will lose is a shocking indictment of their situation and an admission of failure to take the government to task. Good opposition, IMHO, should always be raring to go.

And on the flip side, if they lose as badly as predicted Corbyn would have to resign.

Never know may be a UKIP opposition

Parliamentary sovereignty. You should look it up. That's what they are entitled to do.

Repeating the word remoaner doesn't change that. You didn't invent the word but you use it a lot. Ironically it doesn't make you look politically astute and witty. It makes you look like a moaner.

---------- Post added 13-11-2016 at 17:05 ----------

Do you mean GE? She can lose a vote of no confidence or ask for a vote on a GE herself and if the majority agree there will indeed be a GE.

In this country we are free to disagree with our politicians and express that disagreement freely.