Could Britex cause an early General Election?

Or the referendum was an government sanctioned April fools joke because the whole thing is slowly turning into an farce. Perhaps we could have an referendum on which MP has the best haircut?

---------- Post added 03-11-2016 at 20:43 ----------

This could be the push UKIP have been waiting for

Its one way to get our Nigel back into the political boxing ring .

Or the referendum was an government sanctioned April fools joke because the whole thing is slowly turning into an farce. Perhaps we could have an referendum on which MP has the best haircut?

If Labour set out the referendum rules the press would laying into their leader; but not much criticism of May or Cameron.

It'll end up being vote Tory for Brexit or vote Labour or Lib Dem to Remain. Considering the mess Labour is in, Lib Dems will gain seats from Labour and the Conservatives will likely increase their majority by a few seats thanks to ex UKIP voters. I don't see 4 million UKIP voters now Brexit is real and Farage isn't shouting on the TV anymore. Could easily see Labour cease to be the official opposition in deference to the SNP if votes are evenly split between themselves and the Lib Dems.

Even if the Tory majority is decreased and becomes even smaller than it is, no Tory MP would vote against Article 50 if that was the election promise; if it's a Tory win, it's Brexit.

So basically we leave of terms of leaving and the final decision to leave or not with the very people that didn't want to leave.

To negotiate successfully you have to want what you are negotiated for, parliament don't want to leave the EU therefor will make a poor negotiator.

I'm starting to enjoy the absurdity of Brexit; might as well. So I'm going to enjoy all of those people who voted for it on the basis that they wanted to restore British sovereignty, i.e. restore the British Parliament as the supreme decision making body, complaining that the British Parliament will get to have some say in it.

It'll end up being vote Tory for Brexit or vote Labour or Lib Dem to Remain. Considering the mess Labour is in, Lib Dems will gain seats from Labour and the Conservatives will likely increase their majority by a few seats thanks to ex UKIP voters. I don't see 4 million UKIP voters now Brexit is real and Farage isn't shouting on the TV anymore. Could easily see Labour cease to be the official opposition in deference to the SNP if votes are evenly split between themselves and the Lib Dems.

Even if the Tory majority is decreased and becomes even smaller than it is, no Tory MP would vote against Article 50 if that was the election promise; if it's a Tory win, it's Brexit.

omg may make me vote labour again

I'm starting to enjoy the absurdity of Brexit; might as well. So I'm going to enjoy all of those people who voted for it on the basis that they wanted to restore British sovereignty, i.e. restore the British Parliament as the supreme decision making body, complaining that the British Parliament will get to have some say in it.

It shows how the pro-Brexit case unravels: it wasn't really because they wanted a British sovereign Parliament.

Did people want British sovereignty or parliamentary sovereignty, I would bet that most Brexiters voted the way they did because they were fed up of the EU and our parliament ignoring their wishes.