Anybody On Here From Brightside Or Hinde House School

I went to Hinde House School from 1977 to 1983. I left and got married straight after the 6th Form. Any one else there at that that time? I have lost touch with every one.

I was at Hinde House from '78 to '82. Didn't like much of it. I didn't keep in touch with anyone from school.

• 2 weeks later...

I was one of the first kids to go to Hinde House. Went Sept 1956 when it first opened its doors and stayed until 1960 . I was in the first 5th year they had. I went there from Hucklow Rd.

We had a good 50th anniversary celebration of the opening of the school last year and George Ridgeway came along and cut the cake.

Anybody from that era wanting to go to our next reunion send me a PM

John

• 2 weeks later...
I went to Hinde House School from 1977 to 1983. I left and got married straight after the 6th Form. Any one else there at that that time? I have lost touch with every one.

i went to hinde house from 72 to 77 and lived in brightside on hayland street but lost touch with friends when we moved to rotherham

• 4 weeks later...

I was there from 67-71. Mick Glover was my form teacher, nice bloke though during sports lessons he'd put you through the grinder. Other teachers at that time: Mr Moss, Mr Goldstrawe,

Mr Andrew, Mr Dowling, Miss Smith, Miss Frohock (cow), Mr Sagar, Mr Nicholson, Mr Stretch, Mr Keenan, Mr Keeton (buster), Mr Turner (head of lower site), Mr Ward, Mr Cutts. I could go on and on, who remembers 'spam' pemberton the deputy head & Crownshaw?

Classmates:

Andrew Surr, Brian Patrick, Keith Glover, David Wills, Mick Gilmore, Des Briggs, Geoff Capewell, Martin Clarke, Norman Bailey, Stuart Butler, George Patterson, Winston Reid, Liz Cook, Theresa Turton, Liz Rhodes, Gail Morris, Gail Pinning, Jean Maroney.

Does the school still exist? I heard a rumour it had been bulldozed.