Anybody On Here From Brightside Or Hinde House School

Anyone from Limpsfield Rd. remember Pete Brand? He was in my class at HH.We once went to party at Andrea Smith's house at Firth Park,she was lovely!

I'm a relative of Pete's he's fit and well enjoying his early retirement!

I've just been told about this forum. I lived on Limpsfield Road in the 60's & 70's at No. 70.

I was a good pal with dear old Freddie Guite and Steve Hanwell. Steve now lives in Canada.

I remember a lot of the names mentioned in the posts about Brightside & Hinde House where I went from 1961 to 1966.

Hi,

Ive just found this web site and subject, and know a lot of names from Brightside.

I am a 3rd generation Brightsider, my grandad, Albert Neale was from Brightside, my Dad Ted Neale still lives in Brightside, and I was born in Brightside and lived there for 29 years until I emigrated to Australia in 1998.

I recognise a lot of names from the 70s, of my Dads age, Kiwi Pete and Alanbystreet seem to have grown up in my parents era.

My adulthood centered around the Rising Sun, as did my Dads, and Grandads. Had some good memories in there.

My childhood centered around the park or reck, me and Mr Fiddler never saw eye to eye,although I give him his dues, he kept it spottless.

Ill take a trip down memory lane approx 75 \76

Limpsfield ; the Abdullas, the Parkers, the Vollums as mentioned, the Peaces, the Rastricks, the Joneses, the Brownleys, Mrs Winterbottem, the Greens, the Hattersleys, the Ellises, the Windles, the Willeys, the Gaffneys, the Johnsons,

Stupton; the Hanwells, as mentioned, the Gibbs, the Newtons, the Gills, the Ellises, the Pashleys, the Goodsons, the Waltons

Oxted ;The Neales, the Turtons, the Griffithses, the Capewells, Mrs Dasilva , the Scaifs, the Batesies, the Doyles, the Peacocks, the Bakers, the Burgins, the Ashforths, the Lacks, the Coultons, the Goulsons, Sally Atkin, Wilf the cobbler, the Wilsons, the Newcombes

All to name a few.

It holds some good memories for me Brightside, I do get back every few years although it hasnt got the same community feeling as when growing up in the 70s.

Anyone else have memories of 70s Brightside?

I Allso live in Brightside .i was born on Limpsfield road and still live on it.ive been here for 44 years .i remember the old cobble roads.i still remember the co op and the post office at the bottom of the park.i went to Brightside school ,Limpsfield and then hinde house.my teacher at Limpsfield was mrs Thornton she was a brilliant teacher would love to see her.i can Allso picture

Mrs stead and mr clayton.

• 2 weeks later...
hello again...i tried sending you an email but it wont deliver to that address you gave me so i will send you a pm with m email address...says it doesnt recognise the "xtra co"...yes..i would like to see those photos at brightside school...i may recognise one or two...surprised you doidnt remember those names so maybe these might ring a bell.........joyce hocknells nephew malcolm..he used to ride a blue honda cc moped..everybody called him "lightning"..susan brack..susan and christine audis...marion adams...susan jones...carl and paul barson...alan and brian bilby..douglas and melvin riley(maybe you remember douglas drunk a bottle of bleach that he thought was lemonade because it was in a lemonade bottle...he was lucky it didnt kill him)....jean kisby ..roger beech...christine murray...billy goodison(he was involed in a fracas with two blokes at wincobank and subsequently died)...ernest reed .........mick jebb....carol marshall...pat johnson...tony winterbottom who sadly died a few years ago...frank ward...frank and john moore....barry gurnhill ...elaine candling...maureen dyson....sandra brookes ...alan and maureen gardner....paul moon....dolores henley...billy griffiths...rita skeemer....yes i remember yvonne hill and linda swain.i always thought they were sisters they looked so much alike..blonde ponytails and always dressed alike..you never saw one without the other... harvey curtis.....stewart and bruce panks...christine and malcolm hardy...........glenise brown.......think you must remember some of these...surely you must remember terry stacey..he was always convinced he could talk to cats...he used to get on his hands and knees and have a conversation with thenm

Hi Anlabystreet

I know some of the people mentioned here. I started work with Frank Ward - played in the same football team with English Steel. Also new Christine & Malcolm Hardy. I know Mel & Vic Riley. Mel has an electrical business in Rotherham. I married Glenise Brown in 1968 - She's Glenise Jackson now. Glenise was surprised to see her name mentioned particularly that you spelt her name right. She would love to know who you are. I lived not far away on Weedon st. Regards.

know a few names on here..and a few others....wonder whos still around....i know you are pete all the wY away in kiwiland....why did you go all that way away anyway...Godfrey cole jimmy clark last i heard he was plastering for the council he had a great family a lot of them but i loved going in their house there was such a togetherness about them all...john mclean alwYs remember that dog of theirs judy they called it...i darent walk past it cos it always had this dog/boy kinky sex freak about my leg....ann and lesley buffey...peter brand...keith walker...john reid..billy goodison mick jebb...stephen tate...keith corton..dolores henley.bruce panks stewart panks ..those not with us anymore but still live on in our hearts......barry hill ...maurice lythell..john vollum.billy bennet..pete shevlin
i remamber barry hill and johnny vollum both sadly both deceased j

i remamber barry hill and johnny vollum both sadly both deceased j

thats right...life goes by so quickly....seems like yesterday when i knew everybody round there...its a wonder any of us survived with the smoke from the steelworks and the gasworks at upwell street.always remember hearing that hum from the steelworks every night..and the railway...lol...the memories are cherished because its a part of our young lives and growing up but i wouldnt want to live like that now

thats right...life goes by so quickly....seems like yesterday when i knew everybody round there...its a wonder any of us survived with the smoke from the steelworks and the gasworks at upwell street.always remember hearing that hum from the steelworks every night..and the railway...lol...the memories are cherished because its a part of our young lives and growing up but i wouldnt want to live like that now
so true when i tell my grandkids how we lived they think im mad j

Mike Jessop. I was let loose on Geography and English pupils-14-15 yr olds, but only for about 4-5 weeks.

are you the one who punched niel goacher lol

---------- Post added 28-12-2012 at 16:46 ----------

Hi I lived on Limpsfield rd in the 60s and remember Terry T and the other names. I lived at number 34 I think, on the left halfway up the hill on the right. My next door neighbours were the Allens my friend Julie lived there, my best mate was Chris Parfremont in the next yard above and my other mates were pauline Guite and Steve Allen. We moved to Jenkin rd mid 60s just up from Sheppards shop opposite the main recs gates. My other mates were Brian Bradshaw,Gordon Mclean,Martin Kelk,Michael & Ian Fidler, they lived at the lodge in the rec. I went to brightside until 69 then onto hindehouse, great times. I also had a few other mates that maybe someone has seen recently, Mark Staniforth,Lee Kirby,Kevin Holmes, his dad had the papershop next to Bells chippy. And how can I forget Dave & Walter Gillot we didn't always see eye to eye but what great lads, hope someone has similar memories regards Mark Wilson

Kev Quinn, Dave Hill, dont forget me 'lol' Les Riley, did'nt you go to France and Italy Mark about 1978 grape picking.UTO.

• 2 weeks later...
I went to Hinde House from 1958 to 1962. The teachers I remember were, Mr Andrews (games and music) Mr O'Keefe (games) Mr Millner (games) Mr Napier (metalwork) Mrs Napier ( can't remember what she taught) Mr Gill (maths) Mr Hook (english) Mrs Turner (History) I could probably remember a few more if I thought about it long enough. I still see some of the old lads. Dave Irving, Paul Barson, Rodger Ludlam, Cliff Redfearn, Brian Bilby. I don't see many of the old girls around, mind you, they probably wouldn't want to remember me.

I remember Cliff Redfern he lived just up the road from me on The Oval. My Sister Heather was about his age, maybe a year or two older. Heather was Head Girl