Copper & magnet bracelets do they work to relieve

The copper ones can leave a nasty blue-green stain caused by verdigris which if left for too long can turn the whole body blue. I would also avoid the magnetic ones as well as they can magnetise the iron in the blood which can then accumulate near the magnet source and cause iron deficiency in the rest of the body.

The copper ones can leave a nasty blue-green stain caused by verdigris which if left for too long can turn the whole body blue. I would also avoid the magnetic ones as well as they can magnetise the iron in the blood which can then accumulate near the magnet source and cause iron deficiency in the rest of the body.

I'm neither a doctor nor a scientist by profession, but I know a fair bit about quite a lot of stuff - and this claim sounds like absolute garbage.

What's your source?

I'm neither a doctor nor a scientist by profession, but I know a fair bit about quite a lot of stuff - and this claim sounds like absolute garbage.

What's your source?

I think they must be joking - nobody can be so ill informed that they think that magnetic wrist bands can magnetise iron in the blood!

(For the avoidance of doubt, blood is not ferromagnetic, as the iron is not in a metallic state. If it were, MRI machines would cause people to get ripped apart..)

I think they must be joking - nobody can be so ill informed that they think that magnetic wrist bands can magnetise iron in the blood!

(For the avoidance of doubt, blood is not ferromagnetic, as the iron is not in a metallic state. If it were, MRI machines would cause people to get ripped apart..)

I wouldn't put money on it... this is Sheffield Forum...

What's your source?

The claim is about as good as claiming they work ;) .. and the sauce is mine. Sorry, couldn't find a tongue in cheek emoji. :D

You might as well wrap a piece of copper tubing round your wrist for all good these bracelets do

my father used to do just that and he claimed it helped him. he used a bit of copper piping hammered flat.

maybe it was a placebo, maybe it wasn't either way I doubt he would have continued to do wear one if it wasn't helping.

:huh:

Oh yeah?

Well if you're so clever...

... perhaps you could explain how we get positive and negative blood types then? :roll:

:huh:

Oh yeah?

Well if you're so clever...

... perhaps you could explain how we get positive and negative blood types then? :roll:

Obviously people with an upbeat outlook on life have positive blood, people who always see the glass as half empty have negative blood..