Andy Murray World No 1

Vaati

Best tennis player we've had in the modern era, world number one is just the cherry on the cake.

Always makes me laugh when the wheel Tim Henman out during a Murray match, presenters love to get a few digs in over Henman's career in comparison to Murray.

Edited by geared

Me neither, or the Scottish.

Why, what's wrong with us?

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 07:12 ----------

Amazingly talented sportsman - and extremely rare that a Brit is world class at anything, let alone world number one.

Bit pathetic then that the trolling numpties usually come out to play when his name is mentioned - (see above)

I agree. A great achievement, he's done amazingly well. Well done Andy Murray.

Amazingly talented sportsman - and extremely rare that a Brit is world class at anything, let alone world number one.

Bit pathetic then that the trolling numpties usually come out to play when his name is mentioned - (see above)

Perhaps he might be more popular if he didn't keep making comments about how much he hates the English.

Perhaps he might be more popular if he didn't keep making comments about how much he hates the English.

I thought people were bright enough to realise that he made the famous remark, as a nineteen year old, in response to Tim Henman's jibe about how bad the Scottish football team were! No matter how many times Henman and others explain, there are still those who seem incapable of understanding the scenario in which the comment was made. I can't remember Murray making any other comments about 'hating' the English.

I'd be surprised if he did, he married one! Perhaps you'll be able to list them?