Did anybody on here go to Burton Street School?

Sorry blind as a bat got the wrong jenny was thinking High House Rd ,mother Vanessa

-------------------------------

Hi Fyer, Hows things, sending picture of Buton st School,

this book is a story of the School, teachers, and boys & girls

with pictures.

The old school is still up and running but for the Disabitity people.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/BurtonstSchool_zpsb3cf5fad.jpg

-------------------------------

Hi Fyer, Hows things, sending picture of Buton st School,

this book is a story of the School, teachers, and boys & girls

with pictures.

The old school is still up and running but for the Disabitity people.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/BurtonstSchool_zpsb3cf5fad.jpg

just think i may qualify blind ,deaf and my sex life not worth a damm:hihi::hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

burton street school was known as langsett road school until at least 1964 when the secondary school part of it was closed. It was built in 1890 and I, my mother, grandma and great grandma went there. Have many fond memories of the school anyone else out there. My name was jean mercer back then.

burton street school was known as langsett road school until at least 1964 when the secondary school part of it was closed. It was built in 1890 and I, my mother, grandma and great grandma went there. Have many fond memories of the school anyone else out there. My name was jean mercer back then.

Was Marilyn Siddall in your class?.

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 14:00 ----------

Hi,You say that your husband is Clarence young.We used to go about together with Mick Mcginnley,Micheal Saul,Beverly booth .Me,I am Peter Marshall and I used to live at 29 Anlaby street.After Burton St school I went to Marlcliffe.I hope that Clarence remembers me.I know that it is 60 years ago but maybe he does.Bye for now

Can you remember someone setting fire to the grass up by the old gunpits?. My brother can. We lived at number30.

Don't know who you are but I went to langsett road school my name is Jeffrey Caudwell.

Hi Jeffrey do you remember me jean mercer I lived in capel street.

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 09:30 ----------

Was Marilyn Siddall in your class?.

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 14:00 ----------

Can you remember someone setting fire to the grass up by the old gunpits?. My brother can. We lived at number30.

Yes mal was in my class and we are still best mates ,do you remember Arnold Clegg and Carol Windle?

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 09:41 ----------

I went to a reunion at langsett rd school about 5 yrs ago. Saw Steven Ketton but didn't see anyone else I recognised.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi anlabystreet, I lived on Fawley Road, the ABC streets, near to hillfoot working mens club. I went to Burton St from 1949 to 1959, I left school, xmas 1959, as did our teacher Mr Horton. Be good to hear from others that went to this school. Never worked out why it was called Langsett Road Secondary Modern School, being on Burton Street :confused:

hi fawley road do you remember malcolm turner who lived on fawley road i was his best man when he got married his wife worked in the post office at the end of fawley road her name is molly he now lives in wharncliffe side also you remember terence wallis he also lived in fawley road i lived at the top of the tip

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 13:46 ----------

My Dad Bob Eccles lived at 105 Burton Street and went to the school from 1953 - 1962. He remembers many of those mentioned and we would like to access photos etc but the website that is cited regarding the history is no longer working. Can people help us access photos? Does anyone remember him - he is always talking about it! The head teacher was Bert Smith

i played footballfor the school along with your dad another who played in the same team was andy burgin who played for the owls

• 2 weeks later...

;)Hi jeffery yes i do know your brother pete we usedto go about together at school we also worked together behind the bar at wadsley bridge wmc long time ago how is pete these days hope he is well and fit please tell him hello from me also from my mom who also worked behind the bar went to hillsborough today met mervyn bradford with his wife lynne platts both went to burton street

• 5 months later...

Can anyone help me , my great grandfather lived at 31 Burton street, with his wife, Elizabeth and son Bobby, this is from the 1911 census. Would anyone know which school Bobby would have gone and where would the electrol rolls be kept for this area.

Airmyn