Did anybody on here go to Burton Street School?

I went burton school st from 1951 to 61 i lived on montague rd ran parallel with the top of burton st .it was demolished years ago. Some of the teachers i remember Juniors, messrs kent (think i spelt that correctly) and thackery , Seniors ,watkins and mellors you didnt give those bloke any lip if you knew what was good for you. just remembered another one miss brunt she was something to do with the girls sports.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I went to Burton street school from a five year old around 1954 till it closed as a secondary school around 1963?,,,then went to Shirecliffe high school till leaving school , I lived in Fawley road just off Penistone road.opposite side to what was known as the A,B.C streets,,Anlaby ,Brough,Cottam etc....river Don and the Tip were our playing fields,great happy days as I recall,theres group site on Facebook called..... Burton street school,school in the Full Monty film,doesnt anyone remember......if you are on Facebook,take a look and join.

Edited by Fawleyroad

Yeah Jackie Acaster - he was a club turn when he grew up. My dad lived in both Burton Street and Bamforth street at different times, growing up.

Jackie Acaster was my uncle ,he used to sing round my nans house 26 Fawley road when I was a kid,my nan was called Fox with kids Annie,Ivy Mick and George