Did anybody on here go to Burton Street School?

My dad went to Burton Street School, he was called Graham Lister. Also Christine Wright went there and her brothers and sisters I think.:)

Your dad Graham was my best mate ,he used to call for me with Billy Kemp every morning and we would walk to school together ,reading the Dandy and Beano,he was a great lad and I think of him often.he used to stick up for me every time I got in any bother in the schoolyard,we kept pigeons near his house in Rawson street,he nicknamed me Maverick at school and it stuck,my name is Barry Piearcey and your dad was truly a lovely bloke ,one of the best,I think of him often,I opened a group on Facebook called Burton street school,school in the Full Monty film doesnt anyone remember and theres a picture of your dad and me in the Shirecliffe football team we beat everybody that year and won the city league ,Graham was a great soccer player ,love to hear from you x god bless ,Barry x

My dad went to Burton Street School, he was called Graham Lister. Also Christine Wright went there and her brothers and sisters I think.:)

I used to fancy your dad. I lived in Fawley road and my mum used to make tea and toast for the lads on the white wall. My mother went up to school once and gave a teacher a mouthful for giving our class detention and Graham stood at the door cheering her on. Someone told me your dad has passed. If so I am sorry to hear that.

I used to fancy your dad. I lived in Fawley road and my mum used to make tea and toast for the lads on the white wall. My mother went up to school once and gave a teacher a mouthful for giving our class detention and Graham stood at the door cheering her on. Someone told me your dad has passed. If so I am sorry to hear that.

Yeah, he will have been gone 12 years in September - died at age 49 bless him.

It's so nice to read people stories about him (some to make us laugh and others obviously make us cry).

x

Never went to Burton Street school but had the pleasure of sharing some of my school years at Shirecliffe Secondary when the "refugees" got bused there after Burton St closed. Good goalie Barry Piearcey, heartbroke when I learned of Graham Lister passing. Used to see him tending to his pigeons as I now live near Burton Street. Some other names I remember, Billy Kemp, Paul Gillott. Can't seem to remember any girls from the class that left Shirecliffe 1965. Anyone jog my old memory?

Hi there Barry Piearcey here ,whats your name ,do you remember Alan Statham as well ,I am still in touch with him and one or two more ,a few girls names were Rosemary Frith ,Margaret Bell,Joyce Chafer ,Elaine Potts ,Linda Harris my cousin Janet Pass...crikey like you said it was like being refugees after going to Burton street ,still I have great memories of Burton street ,still amazes me how we had the same teacher for so many different lessons ,I remember Mr Case used to take us for maths ,geography ,science ,English ,Games and loads more ,he must have been a bloody genius,keep in touch ,regards Barry

Anybody remember teachers names ,I remember miss Booth when I was about 5 years old ,and later around the time it closed down I remember a miss Wild[and she was]Mr Case ,Mr Mellor,the headmaster Mr Smith ,miss Pat Taylor [quite a looker ] and a Mr Woodcock ,I remember how surprised I was when I went back for a look ,the playground seemed so small ,it seemed massive when we used to play 30 a side football at breaks and dinnertime...

I lived on Cuthbert Bank Road 1950 to 1958. Didn't go to Burton Street School (Went to Sacred Heart) but I remember some of those that went there . Names I remember include Andy Wilson , John Fitzgibbon , David Farrell , Alan Barker , Mick Wilkinson , Lynn Weatherall and the Rotchell sisters , Peggy , Janet and Sharon. Saw Andy Wilson last Christmas , he's living at Upperthorpe these days. Saw John Fitzgibbon last year , he was living up High Green. Haven't seen any of the others for many years.

I went to Burton street school from a five year old around 1954 till it closed as a secondary school around 1963?,,,then went to Shirecliffe high school till leaving school , I lived in Fawley road just off Penistone road.opposite side to what was known as the A,B.C streets,,Anlaby ,Brough,Cottam etc....river Don and the Tip were our playing fields,great happy days as I recall,theres group site on Facebook called..... Burton street school,school in the Full Monty film,doesnt anyone remember......if you are on Facebook,take a look and join.

Hi Barry! Hope you are well. x

Hi yes I am fine ,still popping over to u.k now and again to see mum and dad ,but hey are getting quite forgetful now and dads stopped driving so they dont get out at all ,hope you and family are all well,all my love Barry x