Did anybody on here go to Burton Street School?

Hey anlaby st.I remember your brother Walter.You lived at 39 and I lived at 29.I also remember Trevor,Graham and the cauldwells.My god parents were the Farnsworths who kept the shop opposite your house.

Jeffery Cauldwell was in my class. There was also a Stephen Coultman

I lived on Cuthbert Bank Road 1950 to 1958. Didn't go to Burton Street School (Went to Sacred Heart) but I remember some of those that went there . Names I remember include Andy Wilson , John Fitzgibbon , David Farrell , Alan Barker , Mick Wilkinson , Lynn Weatherall and the Rotchell sisters , Peggy , Janet and Sharon. Saw Andy Wilson last Christmas , he's living at Upperthorpe these days. Saw John Fitzgibbon last year , he was living up High Green. Haven't seen any of the others for many years.

I recognise those names. Saw John Fitzgibbon at Chapletown baths last year.

• 1 month later...

My name was Margaret Marsh back then. Went to Burton Street School around 1958. I lived on High House Road. Anyone remember taking old clothes to the rag yard on top road. Used to go to Sunday school on Bamforth Street.

My Dad (Norman) used to drink in Barrack Tavern and I used to sit on steps with an orange juice and packet of cheese biscuits, cheese triangles and pickled onions.

• 4 weeks later...
I went burton school st from 1951 to 61 i lived on montague rd ran parallel with the top of burton st .it was demolished years ago. Some of the teachers i remember Juniors, messrs kent (think i spelt that correctly) and thackery , Seniors ,watkins and mellors you didnt give those bloke any lip if you knew what was good for you. just remembered another one miss brunt she was something to do with the girls sports.

you must be younger than me I,m 72