Lower benefits cap

Not sure if its just me, but I think giving them the choice to have their housing benefit paid direct is completely ridiculous. They should bring back high rise flats and designated council estates (I know they need to be built). They shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose were to live in a private rented house. I think having the 'stigma' (and there used to be a stigma of living in a council house) may help encourage some to find work to get out.

Not sure if its just me, but I think giving them the choice to have their housing benefit paid direct is completely ridiculous. They should bring back high rise flats and designated council estates (I know they need to be built). They shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose were to live in a private rented house. I think having the 'stigma' (and there used to be a stigma of living in a council house) may help encourage some to find work to get out.

Park Hill flats is just sitting empty and going to waste.

You're spot on with the housing benefit bit. That's why tens of millions of pounds is owed to Sheffield city council in rent and council tax.

The feckless know it's virtually impossible to be evicted if they've got kids as they are then classed as 'vulnerable'. I was told that by a city councillor.

A government minister said this morning the cap does not apply to anyone working more than 16 hours a week and some certainly know how to twirl the system. The ones I feel sorry for are single people working full time on minimum wage who are virtually entitled to nothing.

You're spot on with the housing benefit bit. That's why tens of millions of pounds is owed to Sheffield city council in rent and council tax.

The feckless know it's virtually impossible to be evicted if they've got kids as they are then classed as 'vulnerable'. I was told that by a city councillor.

A government minister said this morning the cap does not apply to anyone working more than 16 hours a week and some certainly know how to twirl the system. The ones I feel sorry for are single people working full time on minimum wage who are virtually entitled to nothing.

The system is bent, there's a generation growing up pandered too, thinking its the state's responsibility to wipe their arses. But why should decent hard working people now have to put up with them living in private rented houses bringing an area down with their feral kids running amok. They should clump em altogether in one area like they did in the past and avoid it like the plague.

The system is bent, there's a generation growing up pandered too, thinking its the state's responsibility to wipe their arses. But why should decent hard working people now have to put up with them living in private rented houses bringing an area down with their feral kids running amok. They should clump em altogether in one area like they did in the past and avoid it like the plague.

What are you on about? These benefit cuts today affect 88,000 people of all ages.

That's not a whole generation is it?

And if you think effectively creating ghettos is the solution then you are not only mistaken but beyond the pale.

What are you on about? These benefit cuts today affect 88,000 people of all ages.

That's not a whole generation is it?

And if you think effectively creating ghettos is the solution then you are not only mistaken but beyond the pale.

Benefits should only be available to the elderly, disabled and a max of 6 months dole.

Why should someone paying a mortgage have to live next door to a family who pays nothing? No one on benefits and capable of working should have a better standard of living than someone on minimum wage. You want kids and a better house pay for it.

---------- Post added 07-11-2016 at 15:56 ----------

Oh and child benefits of any form should only be available for 2 kids, you want more, you pay for them yourselfs.

A ghetto? It ain't the buildings that make a 'ghetto' its the people.

Edited by Blade73

Benefits should only be available to the elderly, disabled and a max of 6 months dole.

Why should someone paying a mortgage have to live next door to a family who pays nothing? No one on benefits and capable of working should have a better standard of living than someone on minimum wage. You want kids and a better house pay for it.

Oh and child benefits of any form should only be available for 2 kids, you want more, you pay for them yourselfs.

Yes, work will set you free. How apt.

And creating ghettos is your solution? Cutting them off from 'normal' people? Should these ghettos have ghetto schools as well so the children of the feckless can't pollute the children of the decent? Thus creating a never ending cycle of fecklessness?

Are you retracting the ludicrous claim that a whole generation is at fault here since you didn't reply to that part of the post?

I understand some of your frustration but your solution is badly thought through.

Edited by Santo