Lower benefits cap

i have not read all about this.

does it mean that a couple who breed loads of children on the lookout for a free big house and benefits whilst staying at home watching television may stop?

OR

does it mean that they will have to set their alarm clock and go to work like the rest of us?

They don't really exist except in the dreams of channel five producers anyway.

---------- Post added 10-11-2016 at 21:55 ----------

And streamlined compulsory purchase of land for the state to build on.

I don't think the state should be in the business of building houses. The state can use legislation to stop profiteering though and then let private business get on and build houses for a reasonable cost.

They're the most unusual cases they can find in a country of 66 million people. They're given lines to say, I wouldn't believe that anything they say, or the figures they give you in these 'exposes' are accurate.

i dont know where you live but i live on parson cross where most people work but i know of large families where both parents don`t work although they live a a standard council house so you are not altogether correct!!!

They don't really exist except in the dreams of channel five producers anyway.

---------- Post added 10-11-2016 at 21:55 ----------

I don't think the state should be in the business of building houses. The state can use legislation to stop profiteering though and then let private business get on and build houses for a reasonable cost.

You are never going to get the private sector to build affordable house, they will just bank the land for more profitable times. I remember Labours bold words in Brown times, to builders with land backs, build on it or we will. Again no bottle to carry it through.

You are never going to get the private sector to build affordable house, they will just bank the land for more profitable times. I remember Labours bold words in Brown times, to builders with land backs, build on it or we will. Again no bottle to carry it through.

Again I agree Phil. But what is UKIP's policy on getting Councils to build homes? I honestly don't know but I would be surprised if they backed a major programme of Council house building.

I just checked - they just want to stimulate the market, no plans for state building http://www.ukip.org/ukip_leading_the_housing_debate. Disappointing, no?

Edited by Bob Arctor

What did I just say a few posts ago about a tax on land banks...

That would be called theft.

Taxing it is clearly a far better option. A) provides income to the government, B) stimulates the use or sale (to people who will use it) of this land to avoid being taxed, c) doesn't get the government involved in owning land or building houses.