Lower benefits cap

Then why have 4 children,if she or even more the dad can't support them they shouldn't have them.

do you know how when and where she had them? things mightve been different when she had kids?

---------- Post added 07-11-2016 at 11:59 ----------

Then she should have a comfortable life insurance payment to rely on.

because if you have 4 kids to provide for you damn sure better have insurance to cover your family should the worst happen.

really? i cant afford things like insurance, life or not, i only just get by as it is and i work full time

From what I'm told it will not affect carers, but there again I don't know of any carer in receipt of anything over £26.000. I think it will affect most people that live in that London.

The cap in London is higher, at £23,000, to take into account the higher living costs there.

It is a maximum and its because it includes all benefits. That would mean housing benefit or if you have a disability.

A single person would only get housing benefit for a standard house, or one bedroom, it would still not touch £13,400. Would it?

I earn about £14,000 and pay my rent out of that, and still have enough money to live and save.

really? i cant afford things like insurance, life or not, i only just get by as it is and i work full time

Do you have 4 kids, or three kids with another one on the way??

---------- Post added 07-11-2016 at 12:19 ----------

The cap in London is higher, at £23,000, to take into account the higher living costs there.

£3000 a year doesn't really take into effect the differences between living in London and living elsewhere.

It's more a cynical ploy to get people on benefits to relocate IMO.

Do you have 4 kids, or three kids with another one on the way??

---------- Post added 07-11-2016 at 12:19 ----------

£3000 a year doesn't really take into effect the differences between living in London and living elsewhere.

It's more a cynical ploy to get people on benefits to relocate IMO.

Perhaps not, but it does work out as roughly the difference in annual wage if somebody was on the living wage in London compared to someone on the living wage outside London.

The London Living Wage is £9.75 an hour. Somebody working full time on this hourly rate would receive an annual salary of 9.75 X 37.5 X 52 = £19,012.50

The Living Wage Outside of London is £8.45 an hour. Somebody working full time on this hourly rate would receive an annual salary of 8.45 X 37.5 X 52 = £16,477.50

The difference is £2,535 a year. The £3000 difference in the benefit cap between the two areas therefore seems fair to me.

What does this maximum include?

Does it include the money for free prescriptions, free glasses, free school dinners, free school uniforms, free dentistry .........

No it doesn't.

That's a very good point. There's also a rather large amount of free and subsidised stuff available if you're on benefits.

The cost of living is substantially lower.