CPS considers Brexit leave campalgn

This is so typical of a lot of Brexiters approach to debate. If they don't like something just slap it down bluntly with no counter-argument.

This is getting tragic.

ive been trying to debate for 3 hours without any success, but ha ho

Is that currently being investigated? I thought that claim was decisively put to rest months ago. Indeed there are many many articles that quite clearly explain all the numbers involved - it really wouldn't take long to investigate...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/reality-check/2016/may/23/does-the-eu-really-cost-the-uk-350m-a-week

Read post #17 and what the thread is about. People who understand how the figure is made up know the claim £350m was being sent to Burssles was a lie and remains false. Ive already linked the linl you have just posted back at post#36.

This thread is about the recent involvement of the CPS in considering whether the claim consitituted a breach of electoral laws. The CPS are under a duty to consider it and the claim was made by some academic.

Phil 752 refuses to read either article but still wishes to make points what he thinks are relevant but are in fact irrelebat points about the issue being considered, that being whether it was a lie or not.

The case (which I did not support) made in support of this claim made by Gisela Stuart was not without merit. She asserted that the £350m was the amount of money over which we had (as a nation) "lost control". That the EU determined how much of it we got back (in rebates and otherwise) and that it was therefore effectively surrendered to the EU even if some of it was never technically handed over.

I think that's pretty weak, but it's probably enough to turn the claim from a full-blown lie into an exaggeration.

That is not the argument. Its irrelevant.

Do we or do we not send £350m a week to Brussels. That is the claim that is being investigated. If you werent so lazy you would understand that .

why is difficult, as it to answer question, without it being irrelevant

ive been trying to debate for 3 hours without any success, but ha ho

No we're leavers. We're dumb and racist and understand nothing. Really we should thank the remain folk for spending so much time insulting us so that we might learn the error of our ways.

Is that currently being investigated? I thought that claim was decisively put to rest months ago. Indeed there are many many articles that quite clearly explain all the numbers involved - it really wouldn't take long to investigate...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/reality-check/2016/may/23/does-the-eu-really-cost-the-uk-350m-a-week

A lot of people will have just seen the bus and the posters. They won't have researched it or read analysis in the quality press. That is the point - the posters and bus were designed to be prominent in the media and plant ideas in peoples' heads.

To a lot of voters the lie on the bus won't have been debunked. Even if there is a risk that some people will have believed the lie then there is a problem.

The case (which I did not support) made in support of this claim made by Gisela Stuart was not without merit. She asserted that the £350m was the amount of money over which we had (as a nation) "lost control". That the EU determined how much of it we got back (in rebates and otherwise) and that it was therefore effectively surrendered to the EU even if some of it was never technically handed over.

I think that's pretty weak, but it's probably enough to turn the claim from a full-blown lie into an exaggeration.

They said send, which was incorrect and untrue. We dont lose control over money we never sent. The IFS, UK staitustics authority and full facts confirmed this.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 23:12 ----------

why is difficult, as it to answer question, without it being irrelevant

Because youve wasted a lot of time and seem uninterested in dicussing the topic of this thread. You started talking about the £350m pound and then you insist on following it up with irrelevant questions.

You explain why you think its relevant as to whether we do or do not send Brussels £350m a week.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 23:14 ----------

No we're leavers. We're dumb and racist and understand nothing. Really we should thank the remain folk for spending so much time insulting us so that we might learn the error of our ways.

In this respect and on this issue he is. I dont believe racism was mentioned.