CPS considers Brexit leave campalgn

:roll: You're good at saying that we don't send 350m but I notice you never go on to state how much you think we actually do send. It won't do just to say *we don't send 350m to the EU each week* and then just leave it at that, as you do!

As I understand it £350 million is debited each week but then we get some back through the rebate and the regional development fund, or whatever its called. So it is true we send £350 a week to the EU.

Alan, you are being too anal about the general point I was making. I said that's what Leave said anyway. Why not read what I wrote again with more care and you will see your response is a silly little whinge.

Would you like to try again?

Apparently the CPS are considering if the Leave campaigners misled voters. Are they joking? If that is the case every politician on the lead up to an election should be investigated. So many have backtracked on promises, this government included.

Having now read the article, then I cant see your problem.

It is a complaint properly made to them of an alleged offence.

They are under a duty to consider it.

We have electoral laws for a reason.

If there were other infringements, then they should also be drawn to their attention and the CPS can consider those as well. I dont see where the jokes come into it?

There is a line which will determine what level of infringement they might find actionable. It would be useful to get guidance on this. The article was surprisingly interesting.

I wasn't in the UK at the time of the referendum, but I have seen dozens of folk interviewed since, and despite all the folk crying foul play I haven't seem one person who says they would change the way they voted. The opinion polls also seem to suggest that like the Scottish referendum, should it be held again tomorrow, the result would be pretty much the same.

Well generally if you were pro-brexit because you wanted out of the EU and all it's meddling and were confident we would be successful outside of the EU I doubt you've seen anything to change your mind.

Likewise if you were pro-brexit because you're bigot I doubt they've seen anything to change their mind either.

:roll: You're good at saying that we don't send 350m but I notice you never go on to state how much you think we actually do send. It won't do just to say *we don't send 350m to the EU each week* and then just leave it at that, as you do!

As I understand it £350 million is debited each week but then we get some back through the rebate and the regional development fund, or whatever its called. So it is true we send £350 a week to the EU.

no we don't ever pay that. just google it though.

Santo is correct though. It was an actual lie to pretend we send that amount to Brussels each week, when in fact we do not.They pretended it was that much so that gullible people would fall for it , be outraged and more anti EU.

The reason it was a lie was because the rebate is deducted at source and only then was the money sent to Brussels.

The amount sent was closer to £250m.

They then conveniently didnt mention all the grants and funding we get, which then reduces that figure down to £160-£120m.

This was confirmed by the UK statistics authority.

https://www.statisticsauthority.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Letter-from-Sir-Andrew-Dilnot-to-Dominic-Cummings.pdf

Also Full facts checked it

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/

Article form the Guardian, which explains it but you can research it yourself. they all point to the same. We never sent Burssles that amount.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/reality-check/2016/may/23/does-the-eu-really-cost-the-uk-350m-a-week

---------- Post added 07-11-2016 at 19:30 ----------

How true,can you imagine football teams taking the referee to court because they got a decision wrong.

Theres a difference between legally wrong as in laws of the UK and laws of the FA. If a referee gets things wrong , then the correct people to complain to are the FA. People frequently do go and complain about rules being broken.

Getting a decision wrong may not be enough to amount to a referee breaking the rules though.

Santo is correct though. It was an actual lie to pretend we send that amount to Brussels each week, when in fact we do not.They pretended it was that much so that gullible people would fall for it , be outraged and more anti EU.

The reason it was a lie was because the rebate is deducted at source and only then was the money sent to Brussels.

The amount sent was closer to £250m.

They then conveniently didnt mention all the grants and funding we get, which then reduces that figure down to £160-£120m.

This was confirmed by the UK statistics authority.

https://www.statisticsauthority.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Letter-from-Sir-Andrew-Dilnot-to-Dominic-Cummings.pdf

Also Full facts checked it

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/

Article form the Guardian, which explains it but you can research it yourself. they all point to the same. We never sent Burssles that amount.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/reality-check/2016/may/23/does-the-eu-really-cost-the-uk-350m-a-week

Serious question,what do we get in return for that 160 million that benefits EVERYBODY in this country.

It's still £12.9bn we won't have to send in future. The EU funding is more like a third at £4bn so still change of £8bn+ that we can use to wave at the EU and chant bog off.

£8bn yes. About what Roman Abramovich is worth and he's loaded yeah?

But do you know how trifling small £8bn really is?

The UK household debt is £1.5 trillion. The GDP is nearly $3tn. £8bn is nothing. It's a small fee for membership of a club.

Waving £8bn around pretending we're heroes is really, in the grand scheme of things, pathetic.

Edited by Santo