CPS considers Brexit leave campalgn

Yes it`s very "clever", but I`d have thought if it`d been an advert the ASA would find against it. Let`s be honest, it was very misleading, cynics (like me) would say it was deliberately misleading. You have to remember a lot of people aren`t that interested in politics, particularly some of the people who voted in this election. A small percentage a grant you, but then again, there was only a 4% margin......

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 17:29 ----------

What`s worrying is that the Brexiteers will keep banging on about "the will of the people" and "it`s not democratic" (to have any second vote even if things change or if the exit terms become clear, ignoring the obvious contradiction in their argument) so much that even those who may have changed their minds may think "oh I shouldn`t do that, I don`t want to be undemocratic".

* and, most significantly, worse than Leave claimed they would be.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 17:32 ----------

I`m not sure what point you`re making, unless it`s that Leave won and the Leave campaign aren`t much bothered what the other half (very nearly) of the population think. But they should be.

Not everyone who voted Leave are happy with the £350 million pound lie, sorry, misleading statement...

There was a lot of these from both sides, I think people saw through them, if they didn't, you would have to have been, blind and deaf. As the opposing side tried to point out, either sides mistakes or misrepresentations. I trust that people saw through this and voted accordingly

Im sorry but I don't understand your point here. If the bus had to have its slogan changed due to being untrue, it was a lie, there is no other way of looking at it.

I didnt state it was changed because it was untrue or a lie, you did.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 16:39 ----------

So you are saying there were three slogans.

Odd as the bus had the £350 million claim on it on the 12th May, just over a month before the vote. Are you saying it changed twice in the period between this date and the 23rd June?

As I stated in post 68 it was changed again almost a month before the vote took place.

Here is the sky news link about it and another big lie by remainer George Osborne about households being £4,300 a year worse off if we leave.

Remain also lied about 3 million jobs being dependent on the EU.

http://news.sky.com/story/eu-inout-campaign-claims-branded-misleading-10296291

As said before, both sides tried to mislead the public before the referendum took place.

The British Election Survey found in July that the number of people who regret voting for leave was sufficient to remove the majority for leaving and change it to a remain vote.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2016/10/daily-chart-6

Probably the same people who forecast a remain win, I know some who regret voting in.

We all know what it was that lost the referendum, immigration.

Cameron was put in a position where he couldn't do anything about it, starting in 2004 when Labour opened the borders to the Eastern Europeans.

No matter what anyone says about immigrants making a positive contribution we know that the flood of immigrants to places like Page Hall came for one thing, benefits. It goes a bit against the grain when you've worked for fifty years, forty, fifty and sometimes sixty hours a week, finish up with a crap pension still pay tax and see people doing nothing and being entitled to every thing, benefits, free education, free medical care housing etc.

Plus the fact about some of the people Cameron wheeled out, threats from Obama, try telling the Americans how to run their country and see where that gets you.

The welsh wind bag Lord Kinnock, no its no good I still can't believe it, the one who got himself a job in the EU, then his wife then his son, he's got loads of credibility.

Lord Blunkett, the one in the government that opened the borders, he retired then went to live in Page Hall, oh hang about a bit he didn't did he, he didn't intend mixing with immigrants he went to rural Derbyshire.

If there'd been a bit of credibility from the remain side enough people would have voted the other way to put a remain result beyond doubt, I might even have voted for it myself. Mind you the abuse from some on here didn't help.

So to make the main objection to the result the one thing namely how £350m a week is spent is a bit feeble.

Edited by gomgeg

we know that the flood of immigrants to places like Page Hall came for one thing, benefits. It goes a bit against the grain when you've worked for fifty years, forty, fifty and sometimes sixty hours a week, finish up with a crap pension still pay tax and see people doing nothing and being entitled to every thing, benefits, free education, free medical care housing etc.

But that will still be the case in or out of the EU, nobody, and rightfully so is getting booted out of the country so what difference does it make?

But that will still be the case in or out of the EU, nobody, and rightfully so is getting booted out of the country so what difference does it make?

I see you agree there is a problem, but you seem to think we should just accept it.

As I stated in post 68 it was changed again almost a month before the vote took place.

Here is the sky news link about it and another big lie by remainer George Osborne about households being £4,300 a year worse off if we leave.

As said before, both sides tried to mislead the public before the referendum took place.

The £4300 is a prediction. It could come true.

There was a lot of these from both sides, I think people saw through them, if they didn't, you would have to have been, blind and deaf. As the opposing side tried to point out, either sides mistakes or misrepresentations. I trust that people saw through this and voted accordingly

That argument doesnt hold weight.

You shouldnt be telling deliberate lies anyway or you will fall foul of the electoral laws in the article.

Many people did not see through them because some people are very simple and others believe what they wnat to believe as soon as they hear it becayse they are gullible. Look at some of the people on this thread.

The CPS can sort it out and consider any claims broght to them.

You are failing to understand the difference between a prediction and a factual claim.

the former may or may not come ture, but the latter was in fact a lie knowingly told as truth.

The CPS can sort it out and idnetify whih lies from either side were in breach.

That argument doesnt hold weight.

You shouldnt be telling deliberate lies anyway or you will fall foul of the electoral laws in the article.

Many people did not see through them because some people are very simple and others believe what they wnat to believe as soon as they hear it becayse they are gullible. Look at some of the people on this thread.

The CPS can sort it out and consider any claims broght to them.

The simple and gullible believed the lies told by the remain side, if they had seen through the lies they would have voted leave resulting in a much larger leave victory.