Nando's - your opinions.

Crazy Daisy

I went to the Nando's in Manchester (printworks) and it was very nice. Regarding the drinks - you can pay a little extra for soft drinks (such as coke) and get unlimited refills. If you want a refill you simply go up and do it yourself. It's no bother, since its very good value.

The food was nice (spicy chicken) and the atmosphere was very nice, although the one of West Street is a lot smaller by the looks of it.

We went there last month for a last day of term thing, 15 of us all together, it was about 12pm so wasn't too busy, and the staff couldn't have been nicer. You get a table then they explain how the menu works, then you go up to the desk and order what you want and pay for it there. If you're having a soft drink they give you a glass and there's a self serve thing, where you can go to and get free refills as you need them. You don't have to have the food spicy, you can pick a different level of sauce or none at all, just plain. It ranges from Lemon and Herb to Extra Hot. The food was really lovely and not expensive for an eat in meal. I had the chicken in pitta with lemon and herb sauce and chips and it was gorgeous!

I was there this weekend. We went down for lunch so it was relatively busy..About 3/4 of the tables were occupied. The service was very good. The guy took us to our tables and asked if we'd been before, then explained how the system worked. Very nice indeed.

Place is very nice, very clean..Atmosphere is good.

Ill definately be going again :)

Originally posted by sarah_81

I had the chicken in pitta with lemon and herb sauce and chips and it was gorgeous!

Me too...the chicken in pitta was great.

• 2 months later...

I went there yesterday for something to eat and it was shocking. It is basically a glorified McDonalds. Is it supposed to be Portugese because out of the oven chips and chicken kebab I had I didn't taste anything remotely Portugese.

It wouldn't have been too bad if my meal came to about £4 but £20 for 2 people considering the quality of food and service is shocking. I had nothing I couldn't get at a McDonalds for a third of the price. I would avoid this place at all costs

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but I'll comment nevertheless just in case.

£12 for a chicken dinner??

I can get a McChicken Sandwich meal for about £4 which is as good a quality as what I got in Nando's.

And just what is so Portugese about a chicken sandwich and chips??

I'm not being sarcastic at all. On 2 occasions I've had a 2 seasoned 1/4 chickens, chips, coleslaw, 2 refillable soft drinks, condiments, etc for £12(ish).

Whilst not exactly the greatest quality, it was all quite edible and certainly about the best value that I can remember having in Sheffield.

I assume that you're not seriously comparing Nando's real chicken to McDonalds and all that is holy in mechanically reclaimed meat gristle and offal with rusk and additives laced with life enhancing preservatives (well it enhances the freezer life if not yours)? McDonalds, a sort of Sunny Delight for single parents on a Sunday afternoon ;).

As for being Portuguese, well the firm is actually South African, and surely you must have realised it's just a theme, a bit of fun based around a Portuguese legend (read the walls or menu), an excuse to be different to all the others on the High Street... just like McDonalds pretends to be representative of American culture. What would you suggest a chicken restaurant should look like? A Barn?

Archived