Nando's - your opinions.

Crazy Daisy

How does the interior of a McDonalds reflect American culture..plastic seats and tables?? Like a cafe???...

Excellent food??

Its pitta bread, oven chips and fair enough real chicken breast but thats where it ends.

To be fair the food itself was nice for what it was but it is not worth the price it actually is

well dont go for the chicken in pitta then

go for something else on the menu

then its not pitta bread oven chips and real chicken breast

and how can your compare chips to the little strips of soggy potato paste you find in maccy d's

next youll be telling me you prefer SUBWAY and dont even get me started on that waste of a shop

I know a guy who is working and living in London, and he is from South Africa, but was originally Portugese.

He was born in Portuagal but moved to South Africa when he was fairly young. Apparantly there is quite a Portugese community in South Africa.

Anyway to get to the point he absolutely loves Nandos! (last time he came up to Sheffield our Nandos hadn't yet opened though).

I assume what is Portugese about the Chicken is the way it is spiced or something.

I've lurked for a while, but this is my first posting. Until a couple of years ago I lived in Kingston upon Thames. Nandos have been open there for 9/10 years.

Three years ago my son worked part-time for that branch Kingston , whilst he was at school, and really enjoyed it.

It was his first job, and they were really nice to him. The reason he left (or so he says) was that he couldn't handle both the staff late-night partying and getting up for school next day.

They are a very very good employer of people, he got excellent training and a decent wage, as well as free meals!

For what its worth: the chicken was sourced from Irish suppliers, with serious quality control.

... and yes, Nandos originates in Republic of South Africa, and the Portugese influence comes in part from RSA having a border with the Portugese ex-colony of Mozambique.

Personally I like the chain; the food is OK+, the atmosphere is friendly and easy-going, the booze is drinkable, ... and, in Kingston, they got heavily involved in the local community, sponsoring and providing food to community events.

... and 've already eaten on 3 occasions in the Sheffield shop.

• 1 month later...

On the topic of value for money you can't really beat the noodle bar on london road - 3.5o for a huge plate of noodles and meat. Not very good if you are veggie I'm afraid.

I had nandos in SA - rather strange undercooked chips. Am wary!

Archived