When will the political left change/learn?

After the economic meltdown of 2008, many, many people have got poorer but a lot wiser.

They have found out just how the deck is stacked against them, amongst other things, and how the rich can get away with murder, while they have to pay. 'Criminal' behaviour has been rewarded, but hard work no longer is.

The gap between rich and poor has become very real and goes against people's innate sense of justice. I've been saying it since 2008, they should have jailed the bankers and cleaned their house while they still had chance. Now we have Trump, Brexit and heaven knows what next.

Do they get it yet?

You've been shown multiple times that the "facts" on which this statement is built are in fact false. Yet you keep repeating them.

Agreed. You'll notice that for all the talk of anti-establishment sentiment around Trump and UKIP, it's only anti-centre/liberal establishment. Their supporters seem happy to vote for rich, establishment capitalist elites while seeing themselves as anti-establishment. Sanders was much more anti-establishment than Clinton and would probably have done a lot better. Interestingly, you only have to look at the vitriol heaped on Corbyn by establishment figures to see that he must also be anti-establishment but the UKIP types won't vote for him, so when they say they are anti-establishment I think they just mean that they are more right wing than the Tories.

Exactly. Both Sanders and Corbyn are far more anti-establishment. I'm fairly sure the term anti-establishment is used by many people as a euphemism to mean extremely right wing.

Exactly. Both Sanders and Corbyn are far more anti-establishment. I'm fairly sure the term anti-establishment is used by many people as a euphemism to mean extremely right wing.

With all this anti-semitism and the associated coverup involving a peerage, does Corbyn now count as "far right"?

So, to clarify, you don't see any reason to connect that leave won because former industrial heartlands voted for a leave campaign based on the immigration debate and the Americans in the mid west have binned the democrats to vote for someone who wants to build a wall to keep Mexicans out and ban Muslims coming in?

You don't see any reason why somebody might mention the referendum when talking about the US election?

I live alongside the border with the USA and commute across a couple of times a week. I don't get the impression that many American's wanted Trump for president. They just didn't want Hillary Clinton.

There are clearly a lot of rednecks in the south who took the wall business seriously, but in the main Clinton was seen as corrupt and an even worse bet than Trump. You have to seriously blame the politicians for the candidates. With a gene pool of 360,000,000 I find it incredible that those are the ones who made it to the ballot booths.

I live alongside the border with the USA and commute across a couple of times a week. I don't get the impression that many American's wanted Trump for president. They just didn't want Hillary Clinton.

There are clearly a lot of rednecks in the south who took the wall business seriously, but in the main Clinton was seen as corrupt and an even worse bet than Trump. You have to seriously blame the politicians for the candidates. With a gene pool of 360,000,000 I find it incredible that those are the ones who made it to the ballot booths.

Surely under the US system the same electors who just chose a President also chose the 2 candidates.

You've been shown multiple times that the "facts" on which this statement is built are in fact false. Yet you keep repeating them.

What facts? They're my opinion, which I believe I'm entitled to.

America has just elected the vilest man possible to the highest position in the land. What do you credit this seismic shift in politics to?