When will the political left change/learn?

no not really, the last time i saw him on TV he was running away from a reporter and seemed very agitated

Quite. I saw that too. An aide accused the reporter of being rude for asking to speak to him. So whinging about not getting their attention isn't going to cut it.

It's always interesting to see how the left focused on his sensationalist policies such as the wall, yet never mention how he wants to up the minimum wage and cut taxes for business and remove taxes for the lowest earners entirely. Again it's easy to brand a set of voters as being racists because of the wall thing, without pondering if they actually voted to increase their personal prosperity and quality of life.

As time goes on, I'm more convinced that you can pick the winning candidate based on the number of negative memes on Facebook about said candidate. The more memes you see, the bigger the chance of them winning.

Exactly. Both Sanders and Corbyn are far more anti-establishment. I'm fairly sure the term anti-establishment is used by many people as a euphemism to mean extremely right wing.

What's notable about Kippers and Trump supporters when you read about what they are unhappy about, is that it's a list of anti-globalisation grievances. They want control over borders, lack of free movement of both capital and workers, essentially a return to the days where you could leave school with zero qualifications and walk into a job in a state-subsidised industry because that economy was self-contained and not in such direct competition with the global economy. In the UK the beginning of the end of this state of affairs came with the Thatcher governments which ended the state subsidy of many industries and liberalised trade. This trend was continued by the Major and then the Blair governments.

Ironically, the main opposition to this at the time came from the anarchist left and environmentalists and yet our failure to stop these free trade deals such as the revamped GATTS in 1994 has led to the Right making gains when they were absent from the debate at the time. So I think as well as being right-wing, many of the self-proclaimed anti-establishment types are also anti-globalisation but presumably were very scornful towards the people who protested against the trade deals that underpin this globalisation of capitalism. In other words, they are all over the place.

It's always interesting to see how the left focused on his sensationalist policies such as the wall, yet never mention how he wants to up the minimum wage and cut taxes for business and remove taxes for the lowest earners entirely. Again it's easy to brand a set of voters as being racists because of the wall thing, without pondering if they actually voted to increase their personal prosperity and quality of life.

As time goes on, I'm more convinced that you can pick the winning candidate based on the number of negative memes on Facebook about said candidate. The more memes you see, the bigger the chance of them winning.

Nobody made him rant about a stupid impractical reactionary wall did they?

What's notable about Kippers and Trump supporters when you read about what they are unhappy about, is that it's a list of anti-globalisation grievances. They want control over borders, lack of free movement of both capital and workers, essentially a return to the days where you could leave school with zero qualifications and walk into a job in a state-subsidised industry because that economy was self-contained and not in such direct competition with the global economy. In the UK the beginning of the end of this state of affairs came with the Thatcher governments which ended the state subsidy of many industries and liberalised trade. This trend was continued by the Major and then the Blair governments.

Ironically, the main opposition to this at the time came from the anarchist left and environmentalists and yet our failure to stop these free trade deals such as the revamped GATTS in 1994 has led to the Right making gains when they were absent from the debate at the time. So I think as well as being right-wing, many of the self-proclaimed anti-establishment types are also anti-globalisation but presumably were very scornful towards the people who protested against the trade deals that underpin this globalisation of capitalism. In other words, they are all over the place.

I think it can be summed up with:

"As long as I can blame someone else for my miserable crappy life then I'll vote for you"

Nobody made him rant about a stupid impractical reactionary wall did they?

No idea. Unlike Clinton, there hasn't been hundreds of thousands of emails from his campaign manager uploaded to Wikileaks, so I wouldn't have a clue if it was suggested to him or if he got drunk one night and thought it a good idea. It'll never happen but I think more voters know it was a bobbins policy than they are being given credit for.

Last time I checked, far-right refers to economic policy...;)

It could also refer to authoritarian, fascist or nazi.

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 12:15 ----------

What facts? They're my opinion, which I believe I'm entitled to.

America has just elected the vilest man possible to the highest position in the land. What do you credit this seismic shift in politics to?

You don't think there might be some facts regarding whether the wealth gap has increased or not as you keep claiming? :suspect:

Republican tax cuts for the low earners. I'll be pleasantly surprised if that happens.

He also wants to repeal the healthcare act doesn't he? Leaving millions without access to meaningful health services.

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 12:18 ----------

So Corbyn's lot, on account of the anti-semetism plus associated bribery and cover-up, would now count as far right?

Do you think that labour are authoritarian (actually I think that they are nearly as authoritarian as the conservatives)? Are they pursuing fascist or nazi agenda's?