Reverse Osmosis water filter - domestic

Its actually my boss at work who is well into his nutrition. He swears by reverse osmosis water laced with a small amount pink Himalayan pink salt is the best way to keep your body full of all the benefits of rehydrating and maintaining peak balance.

He also lives in London though so we all know the water is <removed> down there.

So your boss has fallen for some new-age mumbo-jumbo, and you're preparing to throw money at it....

Is your boss a dietitian? Snake oil salesman?

Its actually my boss at work who is well into his nutrition. He swears by reverse osmosis water laced with a small amount pink Himalayan pink salt is the best way to keep your body full of all the benefits of rehydrating and maintaining peak balance.

Is your boss a dietitian? Snake oil salesman?

He sounds like a total <removed>

I was going to warn you against the long-term effects of using RO with regards mineral deficiencies, particularly magnesium, given the hypertonic nature of such a fluid. However, you're proposing something even more confusing (removal of potential toxins aside) - de-mineralising the soft and mineral-rich water that we have here using an expensive RO system, before using expensive imported Halite crystals to impart a similar mineral composition on your water. Personally, I don't see the point, to be honest.

Edited by HJL_Shef

There is a high percentage of waste water from the process so factor in the cost if your on a water meter

there's no waste water from my R.O system, by the way my water comes from severn trent full of chlorine or chloride what ever they call it

there's no waste water from my R.O system, by the way my water comes from severn trent full of chlorine or chloride what ever they call it

So how do you use the waste water?

Under ideal conditions 1 gallon of RO is produced from 2 gallons of tap water.

Normally 1gallon is produced from 4 gallons.

So how do you use the waste water?

Under ideal conditions 1 gallon of RO is produced from 2 gallons of tap water.

Normally 1gallon is produced from 4 gallons.

With respect i dont know what you are talking about.

My R.O 1 gallon of tap water goes in, and one gallon comes out.

eg one gallon of tap water goes through five filters, then goes into a storage vessel/tank ready to come out of a tap, which is part of the system.

The only thing i can think of what you are talking about is R.O of sea water?

eg one gallon of tap water goes through five filters, then goes into a storage vessel/tank ready to come out of a tap, which is part of the system.

Just what I was told when I was keeping tropical fish a few years ago, perhaps systems have improved since then

Google RO waste water.

Waste Water produced by R.O. Systems: What is the production ratio between purified water and waste water?

Aquasafe's Waste water to Purified water ratio's of (1:1) is the best for R.O. Systems in its class. This allows for faster purified water production and for those of you that pay for water, you will not be wasting any water that you don't have to. Over time, Aquasafe system's can save you hundreds of dollars if you have a water bill as the discharge water is at an a minimum with our R.O. Systems.

Every R.O. System will produce waste water. Where other R.O. systems have a waste water to purified water ratio of 7:1 (7 parts waste to 1 part purified water) Aquasafe's ratio's can be set to a 1:1 ratio (where 1 part is waste water and 1 part is purified water). To put this another way, with an Aquasafe System you can easily produce 1 gallon of purified water to every one gallon of waste water.

With Aquasafe's "E-Z Flush Variable Flow Restrictor" you have complete control over the waste water to purified water ratio's of your system. We recommend to all clients to not exceed a (1:1) ratio, 1 gallon of Purified water to every one gallon of Waste water as it is important for the Reverse Osmosis Membrane to have the ability to flush the contaminants, toxins and pollutants it is removing to the waste water line which in turn ensures the full life span of the Reverse Osmosis Membrane.

It seems that it does waste water, but if mine does i dont know where it goes, the flushing of the filters is either done automatically or manual, with regards to mine it is no where near a 1 to 1 ratio, But yes you are correct it does waste water but that waste water can be used on the garden etc.