Black poppies not me

So now we have black poppies to remember black soldiers. Well I'm sorry but I will only be wearing a red one. To me a poppy is for all the fallen no matter colour they are. Why is everything turned to race.

I agree.

Red poppies are to signify the poppies that grew in the shell holes on the battlefields and the blood that spilled.

I wonder what would happen if someone suggested white poppies to commemorate the white soldiers that fell?

I agree.

Red poppies are to signify the poppies that grew in the shell holes on the battlefields and the blood that spilled.

I wonder what would happen if someone suggested white poppies to commemorate the white soldiers that fell?

I suspect the people that wear white poppies as a symbol of pacifism would complain Liz.

So now we have black poppies to remember black soldiers. Well I'm sorry but I will only be wearing a red one. To me a poppy is for all the fallen no matter colour they are. Why is everything turned to race.

I'll continue to wear a red poppy, however I think the black poppy is merely to highlight the contributions of black & Asian commonwealth servicemen who history hasn't remembered with the same enthusiasm as others.

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 19:58 ----------

All hell would let lose and that person would be called a racists.

Calm down dear

I'll continue to wear a red poppy, however I think the black poppy is merely to highlight the contributions of black & Asian commonwealth servicemen who history hasn't remembered with the same enthusiasm as others.

talking of which fella theres a forgotten history of black britons documentary on BBC at 9