Hybrid vehicles question

The comparison of the CPU socket is made to the camera lenses and base, not to the fuel nozzle..

Which is totally erroneous. You exchange the lens on a camera multiple times a day to change the functionality. You don't change the CPU nor would you want or need to multiple times to change the functionality of the PC.

---------- Post added 29-11-2016 at 14:56 ----------

You could pick a standard voltage right now, and assume that it'll be DC. As DC-DC converters are easy enough to fit in the cars, that would probably be harmless; although if the ultimate current is high the conversion electronics might end up being of non-negligible weight and cost. In order to work out what the standard cable should be, you need to know the standard current you're going to use. Otherwise you don't know the maximum cable resistance which is acceptable or how much insulation you need.

In order to know the current you have to guess the ultimate charging time and battery capacity.

Do you have any idea what these numbers are, because I haven't and neither I suspect do the industry leaders or anybody in government.

Already dealt with above where I indicate different power sizes for the job.....

---------- Post added 29-11-2016 at 14:59 ----------

Oh and by the way: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fotodiox-Mount-Adapter-Nikkor-Camera/dp/B001G4QXLE

Seems that the whole Canon vs Nikon lens issue is not nearly as much of a thing as you suggest..

You are not that stupid so please don't be coming up with rubbish like that.

How does the lens electronics get driven?

How does the focal length change get accommodated? (you are farther away from the film plane...)

How does the autofocus work?

Weather sealing? That looks like it'll leak if it gets rained on.

You are not that stupid so please don't be coming up with rubbish like that.

How does the focal length change get accommodated? (you are farther away from the film plane...)

The customer reviews are pretty good. There are several others on the market if you don't like that one.

---------- Post added 29-11-2016 at 15:02 ----------

Already dealt with above where I indicate different power sizes for the job.....

I really don't think you have dealt with it. Not at all.

---------- Post added 29-11-2016 at 15:07 ----------

Which is totally erroneous. You exchange the lens on a camera multiple times a day to change the functionality. You don't change the CPU nor would you want or need to multiple times to change the functionality of the PC.

Yes but I'm comparing not the lens to the CPU, but the lens connection standard to the CPU socket type.

Edited by unbeliever

The customer reviews are pretty good. There are several others on the market if you don't like that one.

Find one that does information and auctofocus passthrough and TTL spot metering and then come back and try again.... and the points raised.

are all still unanswered.

I really don't think you heave dealt with it. Not at all

Oh come one. you used to actually debate the point instead of just spouting rubbish like this. WHY is it not addressed then? WHAT is the problem that needs addressing.

I have dealt with it. So there ner ner ner ner.

Pointless isn't it that form of debate. So propose a reason why my explantion of the situation is deficit and we can go from there.

Yes but I'm comparing not the lens to the CPU, but the lens connection standard to the CPU socket type.

Which is totally bogus. It's like complaining you should be able to swap fuel injectors for a carburettor because both cars are petrol fuelled. It's a different thing entirely.

I have dealt with it. So there ner ner ner ner.

Pointless isn't it that form of debate. So propose a reason why my explantion of the situation is deficit and we can go from there.

The standards are not stable even within a manufacturer. This is not a con, it's because the technology is rapidly developing. How can the government impose a standard without knowing what the voltage and current requirements will be in even 5 years time?

Read what I wrote again. Please. I'm not trying to annoy you.

---------- Post added 29-11-2016 at 15:31 ----------

Find one that does information and auctofocus passthrough and TTL spot metering and then come back and try again.... and the points raised.

are all still unanswered.

I don't know enough about the technology. The customer reviews indicate that they do work. Surely if they're complex active devices then you have to replace them every few years anyway. How can they be standardised if the technology is not stable?

The standards are not stable even within a manufacturer. This is not a con, it's because the technology is rapidly developing. How can the government impose a standard without knowing what the voltage and current requirements will be in even 5 years time?

Because we've been charging larger batteries faster for many many years.

It's really not a big deal. There are good standards for power levels up to anything beyond what we already need. We just need to the manuf. to choose one that they all use.

Because we've been charging larger batteries faster for many many years.

It's really not a big deal. There are good standards for power levels up to anything beyond what we already need. We just need to the manuf. to choose one that they all use.

Let's take a sensible upper limit then and see.

100 seconds (yes that's fast) to charge a 1GJ battery (3 times the max on the current Tesla S). That's a charge rate of 10 MW (about 5 times the power max on an electric oven).

Any of the current connector standards up to that?

Do we really want to force the industry to incur the extra cost of making all charging stations 10 MW when we don't know if it will ever be needed (or are you not proposing anything like that)?

Do we want to force them to use cabling which can handle 10 MW when it may never be needed?

Let's take a sensible upper limit then and see.

100 seconds (yes that's fast) to charge a 1GJ battery (3 times the max on the current Tesla S). That's a charge rate of 10 MW (about 5 times the power max on an electric oven).

Any of the current connector standards up to that?

Do we really want to force the industry to incur the extra cost of making all charging stations 10 MW when we don't know if it will ever be needed (or are you not proposing anything like that)?

Do we want to force them to use cabling which can handle 10 MW when it may never be needed?

Do you think they've even got cabling to the site that can do that?

10MW isn't 5 times the power of an electric oven. It's 5,000 times the power - my oven is 2kW at home. I'm not sure what you are roasting.

However Amphenol do supply 2500A 2kV DC power connectors for shore power to supply ships. So they exist.

Now currently we have three competeing standards. These need right now regulating. Are you even going to debate that point or just waste time with spurious and pointless what ifs that are not relevant and are probably never going to come about.

Do you think they've even got cabling to the site that can do that?

10MW isn't 5 times the power of an electric oven. It's 5,000 times the power - my oven is 2kW at home. I'm not sure what you are roasting.

However Amphenol do supply 2500A 2kV DC power connectors for shore power to supply ships. So they exist.

Now currently we have three competeing standards. These need right now regulating. Are you even going to debate that point or just waste time with spurious and pointless what ifs that are not relevant and are probably never going to come about.

The point is that the ceiling on the future technical requirements for fast charging electric cars is very high. Therefore a government imposed standard would be premature. By the time they've got themselves organised to regulate one of the existing standards, the industry will have moved on.

Do you really want people hanging around ten times longer than necessary at the fast chargers because the government messed up the standards?