How do you stop the queue jumping motorists ?

What annoys me are the inconsiderate <removed> who speed up the road past the blue ball in hillsborough, to turn left towards the rawson spring (the only way you can turn)

And then force their way into the opposite lane to go onto holme lane.

Anyone doing that in front of me, I block them off...wait your turn like everyone else.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

Our entire society is based on people getting ahead by taking advantage of others. There are hugely rich people cutting the wages of their workers. The entire system of government is largely driven by the lobbying of wealthy business owners so that they can take advantage of people and get ahead. And you're getting upset because someone queue jumps? Open your eyes!

This has been the case since the Stone Age... its really nothing new...

I blame Thatcher............

During the afternoon school run slot (3-4ish) I've noticed that people going up City Rd all queue in the right lane. The left lane is a bus lane at certain times but not during this period, if I were to (legitimately) use this empty lane would I be considered to be jumping the queue?

Edited by RootsBooster

During the afternoon school run slot (3-4ish) I've noticed that people going up City Rd all queue in the right lane. The left lane is a bus lane at certain times but not during this period, if I were to use this empty lane would I be considered to be jumping the queue?

You would be considered to be a bus and thirty people would try and board you

During the afternoon school run slot (3-4ish) I've noticed that people going up City Rd all queue in the right lane. The left lane is a bus lane at certain times but not during this period, if I were to use this empty lane would I be considered to be jumping the queue?

EDIT: Of course, I'm only talking about the stretch between the cemetery and the Traveller's Inn

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 08:19 ----------

You would be considered to be a bus and thirty people would try and board you

I do fondly call my vehicle "the bus" as it happens.

If the bus lane's not in force then it's not a bus lane, and it's not your fault people can't read the sign?

I wonder if people in the right lane would consider the road ahead 'their lane' as others have mentioned in this thread when they sit in a queue??

If the bus lane's not in force then it's not a bus lane, and it's not your fault people can't read the sign?

I wonder if people in the right lane would consider the road ahead 'their lane' as others have mentioned in this thread when they sit in a queue??

A lot of drivers are more concerned with their unwritten code of politeness or 'road morality' rather than legality and safety, as we've found out in this thread. I suspect that If I drove up the left lane a lot of the queue addicts would be outraged, even though there would be nothing wrong with my actions.

A lot of drivers are more concerned with their unwritten code of politeness or 'road morality' rather than legality and safety, as we've found out in this thread. I suspect that If I drove up the left lane a lot of the queue addicts would be outraged, even though there would be nothing wrong with my actions.

I used to do it regularly in Leeds up by the Uni. Left hand unused bus lane... breeze up to the lights. First away from the lights "wins" and gets to pick the lane they want ahead, otherwise I just merge in with the remaining traffic if I want the RH lane.

What never ceases to amaze me are the people who at the lights then want the left hand lane, after sitting in a queue for several hundred meters.... they could have picked the right lane way back and missed the queue....