How do you stop the queue jumping motorists ?

no its become unlawful whenever the person changing lanes does so dangerously.

What the person in the other lane is doing is inconsequential, you must not change lanes if it is not safe.

---------- Post added 18-11-2016 at 12:02 ----------

Is there an echo in here :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

For the past two years, since the police acquired new powers, they have been able to issue on-the-spot penalties for offences that are often thought of as minor but are cited by other road users as among the most annoying driving habits. These include tailgating, lane-hogging and undertaking. The offences come under the catch-all term “driving without due care and attention”.

Is there an echo in here :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Petminder appears to live in their own echo chamber it seems....

---------- Post added 18-11-2016 at 12:05 ----------

For the past two years, since the police acquired new powers, they have been able to issue on-the-spot penalties for offences that are often thought of as minor but are cited by other road users as among the most annoying driving habits. These include tailgating, lane-hogging and undertaking. The offences come under the catch-all term “driving without due care and attention”.

Woooo finally.

So there is no law against undertaking!

There is a law against driving without due care and consideration, and of dangerous driving, which MAY include undertaking.

What about a bus in a bus lane? They undertake all the time. Ditto taxis... Are they all immediately guilty?

Yes it is, but it was still not illegal for the Renault driving to move back to the left lane, and then drive at a speed that matched the speed of the drivers in the right lane, it was illegal to attempt an undertake of the slow moving traffic and illegal to attempt an undertake by using the hard shoulder.

He didn't simply move`back to the left lane, he pulled out into that lane deliberately to obstruct the approaching car. At the very least, he pulled out without looking (which we know is not the case).

With the lane being clear ahead, deliberately driving at the same speed as the full lane is to wilfully obstruct the free passage of the car behind.

---------- Post added 18-11-2016 at 12:17 ----------

The drivers undertaking in the video I posted were driving at speed, they were not driving slowly in a queue of traffic that just happened to be moving faster than the traffic on their right.

They were driving at a safe enough speed to stop easily when the Renault pulls out. They were driving faster than the right lane traffic but they weren't going that fast.

Next time you see a police patrol car driving in the right hand lane of a duel carriage way or motorway, overtake it on the inside and see what they think.

I did do about a month ago, they didn't seem bothered. I was wondering more why they were hogging the middle lane, I assumed they had some reason.

---------- Post added 18-11-2016 at 12:18 ----------

Due you have any actual references for this?

Edited by RootsBooster

Petminder appears to live in their own echo chamber it seems....

---------- Post added 18-11-2016 at 12:05 ----------

Woooo finally.

So there is no law against undertaking!

There is a law against driving without due care and consideration, and of dangerous driving, which MAY include undertaking.

What about a bus in a bus lane? They undertake all the time. Ditto taxis... Are they all immediately guilty?

Other than buses and taxis no one should enter the bus lane so it isn't dangerous for buses and taxis to undertake.

On a duel carriage way the left lane is open to everyone, any one of the cars in the right lane might need to move back to the left lane, hence it is dangerous to undertake on the left, except in two circumstances, the vehicle on your right that you intend to undertake is turning right so won't be moving back to the left lane.

Both lanes are congested and moving slowly.

Ah so undertaking is legal..... but bu but you said it was illegal....!

I can enter the bus lane though. I have a car that is actually a bus...

and my other car has dispensation for work I do as a CFR and responder....

So it seems you have no idea what you are talking about and are just making it up as you go along.

Other than buses and taxis no one should enter the bus lane so it isn't dangerous for buses and taxis to undertake.

On a duel carriage way the left lane is open to everyone, any one of the cars in the right lane might need to move back to the left lane, hence it is dangerous to undertake on the left, except in two circumstances, the vehicle on your right that you intend to undertake is turning right so won't be moving back to the left lane.

Both lanes are congested and moving slowly.

Don't forget bicycles and motorcycles. They can use the bus lanes in Sheffield too :thumbsup:

*but motorcyles can't go through the tram gates

Ah so undertaking is legal..... but bu but you said it was illegal....!

I can enter the bus lane though. I have a car that is actually a bus...

and my other car has dispensation for work I do as a CFR and responder....

So it seems you have no idea what you are talking about and are just making it up as you go along.

In some circumstances which I have repeatedly highlighted it is legal and in other circumstances it is unlawful.

---------- Post added 18-11-2016 at 12:43 ----------

Don't forget bicycles and motorcycles. They can use the bus lanes in Sheffield too :thumbsup:

*but motorcyles can't go through the tram gates

Don't forget that they can't enter all bus lanes only the lanes that indicate that cyclists are allowed.

I think so too. Desperate justification of why he'd sit in a two mile queue in the right hand lane approaching roadworks that close lane 1.

She not he and the desperation is from the bullies that don't like to wait their turn, so queue jump and force there way in at the last moment.

She not he and the desperation is from the bullies that don't like to wait their turn, so queue jump and force there way in at the last moment.

Bullies aside, how do you feel about people who'll safely drive past at about 30 mph and safely move over to the other lane further down?