How do you stop the queue jumping motorists ?

When a 2 lane road merges into 1 lane, people just seem to want to queue, single file, for miles.

Please just merge at the point of the lane narrowing, not miles back.

Very much this and especially in Sheffield.

Yes obviously it does happen in other places, but in Sheffield you can get well over a half mile queue in one lane with the other totally empty.

That`s exactly what the drivers do in the opener.

Don`t you feel a bit guilty about doing that ? Why do you feel you have the right to push in front of others ? Do you think you, or your time, is more important than their`s ? Is that not selfish and arrogant ?

You get loads of people doing that at the roundabout at the end of the M67, it`s very annoying because there`s nothing you can do about it, once they`re on the roundabout it`s their right of way to then push in front of everyone else. If that`s morally "right" then there`s something wrong with the morals of the world.

This thread is a troll right? You can't seriously be that bothered about it that it leads you to question the country's moral compass?

Work quiet at the moment is it?

Better not tell him that I zoom up the outside lane of Prince of Wales Road past all the queueing cars in the left, and go all the way around a roundabout to get on the Parkway heading out of town, he'll go mental

Lol, smooth move right there.

Thing is if you were from out of town and didn't know the road you could quite easily come up the outside lane, by the time you see the sign showing you where to go you're already passing cars on the left.

Would anyone let you into that queue??

Would they heck!!

It's called 'furbo' in Italy and is considered something to be proud of.

Is it really worth worrying about? Why not just commute and worry about yourself? Life is too short to write extensive posts about Fiat 500s.

It`s not just about a Fiat 500, it`s about all the drivers who do that. The Fiat 500 was just the most blatant I`ve ever seen* which is what motivated me to finally start a thread on it.

Life`s too short to worry about this kind of stuff :

I agree and disagree. The thing is if everyone takes that view then some people will always get ahead by taking advantage of others. Incidentally I listened to an interesting article on R5 about a test for whether someone was a psychopath or not. One of the questions was "is it OK to get ahead by at the expense of others ?". The implication being that drivers who think it`s fine to do that have psychopathic tendencies......

* It`s a bit silly to do it that so obviously because surely the cars that use that road at about that time will tend to be the same ones, who`ll just not let her out again.

This thread is a troll right? You can't seriously be that bothered about it that it leads you to question the country's moral compass?

Work quiet at the moment is it?

Oh dear :

Incidentally I listened to an interesting article on R5 about a test for whether someone was a psychopath or not. One of the questions was "is it OK to get ahead by at the expense of others ?". The implication being that drivers who think it`s fine to do that have psychopathic tendencies......

Better not get on the wrong side of you !

Edited by Justin Smith

It`s not just about a Fiat 500, it`s about all the drivers who do that. The Fiat 500 was just the most blatant I`ve ever seen* which is what motivated me to finally start a thread on it.

Life`s too short to worry about this kind of stuff :

I agree and disagree. The thing is if everyone takes that view then some people will always get ahead by taking advantage of others. Incidentally I listened to an interesting article on R5 about a test for whether someone was a psychopath or not. One of the questions was "is it OK to get ahead by at the expense of others ?". The implication being that drivers who think it`s fine to do that have psychopathic tendencies......

* It`s a bit silly to do it that so obviously because surely the cars that use that road at about that time will tend to be the same ones, who`ll just not let her out again.

Oh dear :

Better not get on the wrong side of you !

Justin, are you calling me a psychopath?

I consider myself a courteous driver. It's not something I do. Not worth the extra effort involved. What I certainly don't do is worry about it so much that I feel the need to write a long post about it that makes me look frankly, like a bit of a lunatic.

Sorry, I`m a bit surprised here, can we just confirm we haven`t had a breakdown in communication.

Are we saying it`s fine if drivers jump the queue ?

Further, are we saying that some of the posters on here wouldn`t mind if they jumped the queue in front to them ? Can we then take that one stage further, would they mind if, say, someone pushed in front of them in the Supermarket queue ? If not, what`s the difference ?

Justin, are you calling me a psychopath?

I consider myself a courteous driver. It's not something I do. Not worth the extra effort involved. What I certainly don't do is worry about it so much that I feel the need to write a long post about it that makes me look frankly, like a bit of a lunatic.

I wouldn`t do that, not seriously anyway. I`m only quoting R5`s test, and am interested in extrapolating it to this thread. I was surprised, but reassured, how low I scored on the psychopath test, right on the low end. I have to say that the psychologist who was talking about psychopaths emphasised that it`s not always a bad thing, in fact most leaders of large companies score highly in the test.

Sorry, I`m a bit surprised here, can we just confirm we haven`t had a breakdown in communication.

Are we saying it`s fine if drivers jump the queue ?

Further, are we saying that some of the posters on here wouldn`t mind if they jumped the queue in front to them ? Can we then take that one stage further, would they mind if, say, someone pushed in front of them in the Supermarket queue ? If not, what`s the difference ?

What you are surprised about is nobody cares as much as you do.

I saw a test that said internet trolls are more likely to be psychopaths.