How do you stop the queue jumping motorists ?

It is not unsafe.

Any extra wait is of your making not mine. You can easily drive the other lane as well..

There is no squeezing going on in a merge in turn.

The only person on here who seems ignorant is you I'm afraid.

If you overtake 100 cars and then push in at the front every driver you overtook now as to wait a little longer to get through the roadworks.

Driving safely involves leaving a safe gap between you and the car in front, the gap isn't there for you to squeeze into, it is their because it is necessary for road safety, when you squeeze in everyone behind as to slow down.

If you overtake 100 cars and then push in at the front every driver you overtook now as to wait a little longer to get through the roadworks.

So?

101 cars have gone through in the same length of time however. That doesn't change.

Now if you queue equally then I join at the back of the queue and have to wait my turn. If you want to stop "queue jumpers" as you so erroneously call safe drivers you NEED to fill both lanes.

By doing so 101 cars go through in the same period of time. Those arriving last go through last. Crucially there is less congestion as the queue is half as long overall.

Single lane queuers are inconsiderate road hoggers and you should be prosecuted for obstructing the highway.

Driving safely involves leaving a safe gap between you and the car in front, the gap isn't there for you to squeeze into, it is their because it is necessary for road safety, when you squeeze in everyone behind as to slow down.

You don't need to tell me how to drive safely I've had instruction from people way more qualified than you :roll:

So?

101 cars have gone through in the same length of time however. That doesn't change.

Now if you queue equally then I join at the back of the queue and have to wait my turn. If you want to stop "queue jumpers" as you so erroneously call safe drivers you NEED to fill both lanes.

By doing so 101 cars go through in the same period of time. Those arriving last go through last. Crucially there is less congestion as the queue is half as long overall.

Single lane queuers are inconsiderate road hoggers and you should be prosecuted for obstructing the highway.

You don't need to tell me how to drive safely I've had instruction from people way more qualified than you :roll:

No because when you jump to the front every car is forced to slow to the point that the back car will stop, if you had some good manners and joined the back of the queue no one would stop and the queue would move faster.

No because when you jump to the front every car is forced to slow to the point that the back car will stop, if you had some good manners and joined the back of the queue no one would stop and the queue would move faster.

But this just isn't right. I'm sorry but laws of physics and motion disagree with you.

If the queue is a mile long and rather than use 2 lanes everyone uses 1 and because the bottleneck is further on you end up doing an average speed of 10mph for 1 mile. If you used both lanes you would half the distance of the queue so you could do NSL (60mph assuming not a dual carriageway) for half a mile before having to do the 10mph making it quicker to queue in both lanes.

No because when you jump to the front every car is forced to slow to the point that the back car will stop,.

hahahahaha oh dear... no. It really wouldn't.

If you had good manners you'd be doubling the queue length up and not talking utter waffle.

hahahahaha oh dear... no. It really wouldn't.

If you had good manners you'd be doubling the queue length up and not talking utter waffle.

You wouldn't know because you are the queue jumper and never see or feel the consequences of your actions.

I see you are as rude on here as you are on the roads.

You wouldn't know because you are the queue jumper and never see or feel the consequences of your actions.

I see you are as rude on here as you are on the roads.

No I'm not rude on here nor on the roads.

Calling you a clueless self righteous and inept driver who pontificates about others correct driving whilst unable to see her own deficits would be closer to being rude but it would still be accurate.

Now please, take the following to heart. You are not right and there is no shame in that. The only shame is in persistently refusing to acknowledge your error.

Petminder, I'm interested in what you do at this junction:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3564195,-1.3886421,3a,75y,168.38h,87.69t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1soIxz5sMw5Ju_H1ApY-r48A!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DoIxz5sMw5Ju_H1ApY-r48A%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D24.644777%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Both lanes can be used to go straight ahead.

On the other side of the roundabout, the lanes immediately merge into one lane.

If you are in the left lane, do you stop people merging from the right on the other side of the roundabout as you see them as bullies?

Would you ever go in the right lane and straight over the roundabout? If not, why?

Edit: I've realised the Google Map image was taken when it was resurfaced and the current lane markings aren't on the image. Coming off the roundabout are two lanes that immediately merge to one. You can just see the arrow on Google even if the two lanes are not marked.

Edited by the_bloke

Petminder, I'm interested in what you do at this junction:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3564195,-1.3886421,3a,75y,168.38h,87.69t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1soIxz5sMw5Ju_H1ApY-r48A!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DoIxz5sMw5Ju_H1ApY-r48A%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D24.644777%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Both lanes can be used to go straight ahead.

On the other side of the roundabout, the lanes immediately merge into one lane.

If you are in the left lane, do you stop people merging from the right on the other side of the roundabout as you see them as bullies?

Would you ever go in the right lane and straight over the roundabout? If not, why?

Edit: I've realised the Google Map image was taken when it was resurfaced and the current lane markings aren't on the image. Coming off the roundabout are two lanes that immediately merge to one. You can just see the arrow on Google even if the two lanes are not marked.

God I hate that roundabout. It's absolutely stupidly designed and even now after redesigning they see to have missed a wonderful opportunity to have those heading out of town use the right hand lane to come off the roundabout going up to Coisley Hill and those coming towards town take the left lane. Then we have 2 lanes of traffic fully utilising the road, no-one should be able to whinge about queue jumpers, traffic flows much better away from the roundabout and reduces queuing back onto the Parkway in both directions. Win-win as far as I can see. And the bottleneck on this bit of road is the roundabout at Coisley Hill and not at the merge point. Anyone who travels this way often will note that traffic does not flow freely after the merge point until after the Coisley Hill roundabout.

ASDA doesn't have 2 queues merging into one, it as several different queue, if there was only one till though I bet you would bully your way into the front of it.

Roads don't have tills. Take the tills out of Asda and we're all queuing to get to the same exit (I'd be in the shorter queue, no bullying necessary).