How do you stop the queue jumping motorists ?

What you are surprised about is nobody cares as much as you do.

Santo, can I ask you this question :

Sorry, I`m a bit surprised here, can we just confirm we haven`t had a breakdown in communication.

Are we saying it`s fine if drivers jump the queue ?

Further, are we saying that some of the posters on here wouldn`t mind if they jumped the queue in front to them ? Can we then take that one stage further, would they mind if, say, someone pushed in front of them in the Supermarket queue ? If not, what`s the difference ?

Santo, can I ask you this question :

Yes, of course you can. We feel immune in cars. Road rage occurs in cars but not on the high street when similiar things occur (random stopping, cutting up etc). You wouldn't feel immune in a queue at the supermarket and therefore wouldn't cut the queue. Most people anyway.

This is like, AS Level stuff Justin.

Sorry, I`m a bit surprised here, can we just confirm we haven`t had a breakdown in communication.

Are we saying it`s fine if drivers jump the queue ?

Further, are we saying that some of the posters on here wouldn`t mind if they jumped the queue in front to them ? Can we then take that one stage further, would they mind if, say, someone pushed in front of them in the Supermarket queue ? If not, what`s the difference ?

Your analogy isn't correct - the difference is that in your driving example someone has taken an alternative route to get the same point. Do you get upset if you start queueing at a supermarket in a different lane to someone else and they get served before you, even if they arrived after you?

Your track record on driving threads isn't great (e.g. middle lane etiquette, merging in turn), you should worry less about things you can't control. The reality is that this perceived queue jumping makes very little difference to your journey time and you're modifying your behaviour to either punish people or make yourself feel better. The fact you get angry at other peoples behaviour is making you angry and a therefore an impatient and more dangerous driver than you otherwise would be. Can you let everyone know your route so they can avoid being on the road at the same time as you?

Your analogy isn't correct - the difference is that in your driving example someone has taken an alternative route to get the same point. Do you get upset if you start queueing at a supermarket in a different lane to someone else and they get served before you, even if they arrived after you?

Your track record on driving threads isn't great (e.g. middle lane etiquette, merging in turn), you should worry less about things you can't control. The reality is that this perceived queue jumping makes very little difference to your journey time and you're modifying your behaviour to either punish people or make yourself feel better. The fact you get angry at other peoples behaviour is making you angry and a therefore an impatient and more dangerous driver than you otherwise would be. Can you let everyone know your route so they can avoid being on the road at the same time as you?

He drives an ivory tower. Easy to spot ;)

But you`re wrong. In fact I think we have a breakdown in communication here. I specifically said, they push back into the same queue, that is to say usually before the road junction that is causing the queue to form.

Yes, of course you can. We feel immune in cars. Road rage occurs in cars but not on the high street when similiar things occur (random stopping, cutting up etc). You wouldn't feel immune in a queue at the supermarket and therefore wouldn't cut the queue. Most people anyway.

This is like, AS Level stuff Justin.

I agree that people do stuff in cars which they don`t do face to face, that`s one of the reasons the roads are quite often not a very pleasant place to be. What I`m interested in is the fact some people on here seem to be saying they accept with equanimity people doing stuff to them in a car which they wouldn`t accept face to face, that`s a different perspective.

I do it all the time, my VW golf is faster than most cars at the traffic lights so I just go up the wrong lane and then cut in, saves a few minutes when I am late for work.

Why not get up a couple of minutes sooner and get in the right lane or is that too much effort ?

I do it all the time, my VW golf is faster than most cars at the traffic lights so I just go up the wrong lane and then cut in, saves a few minutes when I am late for work.

I think it`s fascinating you admit it, even seem to be proud of it. What I can`t understand is why, it seems, most people on here are quite happy about it.

Why am I unsurprised you do that in a VW Golf.....

Edited by Justin Smith