Urgh little black doggy gift bags

You see, unless you find a spare fag in the fag packet and smoke it, that paper litter is nowhere near as dangerous to your health as dogpoop. Sports drink bottles may be damaging to the environment, but they are certainly not capable of damaging your health in the way dogpoop can.

Nor have I trod on a Dr Peppar can in the dark and not realised thus leading me to trail it all over the carpet at home.

They're hung in the trees at Killamarsh park like Christmas decorations.

Its a small area with 3 dog bins, and two ordinary bins, but still they hang them in the trees

Maybe it's a sign of drug dealing - you know, like hanging shoes on telephone wires..............

Dog walkers will only pick them up if they think someone is watching them? I see it all the time, a furtive look around, nobody about ... do one!

Excuse me, but don't tar me with accusations about dog walkers. I'm the person who calls to ask whether someone who looks like they're about to not pick up after their dog needs a bag.

I can honestly say that the only time I have not picked up after my dog has been either if she's gone to the loo somewhere really inaccessible where I can't actually reach it (inside a large thicket of bushes, for instance) or when we've been right out in the countryside and she's gone a long way off the path and in a position where it can biodegrade along with the sheep poo without creating any sort of hazard for anybody.

Even with one working arm I managed to pick up after 4 dogs when I was more able and took out my friend's dogs along with Molly. Not all dog owners are the same.

Excuse me, but don't tar me with accusations about dog walkers. I'm the person who calls to ask whether someone who looks like they're about to not pick up after their dog needs a bag.

I can honestly say that the only time I have not picked up after my dog has been either if she's gone to the loo somewhere really inaccessible where I can't actually reach it (inside a large thicket of bushes, for instance) or when we've been right out in the countryside and she's gone a long way off the path and in a position where it can biodegrade along with the sheep poo without creating any sort of hazard for anybody.

Even with one working arm I managed to pick up after 4 dogs when I was more able and took out my friend's dogs along with Molly. Not all dog owners are the same.

DITTO!

couple of nights ago went for a stroll to the shops and dog wanted to come too - he had done his 3 poos for the day but managed to squeeze out another (bless him). Having the wrong coat on meant I had to walk home in the rain, get some poo bags and go back

No one was watching. No one made me do it. Its what a responsible dog owner does

You see, unless you find a spare fag in the fag packet and smoke it, that paper litter is nowhere near as dangerous to your health as dogpoop. Sports drink bottles may be damaging to the environment, but they are certainly not capable of damaging your health in the way dogpoop can.

Honestly

I assume you researched closely how dangerous dog poop in a bag is.

It isn't - and dog poo from wormed and flea treated dogs(usually those whose owners pick it up) isn't harmful at all.

You have more chance of illness from cats and foxpoo - and foxes are attracted to litter in rural areas.

Honestly

I assume you researched closely how dangerous dog poop in a bag is.

It isn't - and dog poo from wormed and flea treated dogs(usually those whose owners pick it up) isn't harmful at all.

You have more chance of illness from cats and foxpoo - and foxes are attracted to litter in rural areas.

Toxocariasis is a real threat even if you do occasionally feed Drontal to your dogs.

Besides which it's completely gross.

Toxocariasis is a real threat even if you do occasionally feed Drontal to your dogs.

Besides which it's completely gross.

Now find me a valid recent incident of it - that is guaranteed to be from dog poo.

"The roundworm parasites responsible for toxocariasis (called Toxocara) live in the digestive system of dogs, cats and foxes".

Oh and by the way ,it has to find its way in your mouth,not just be on the sole of your shoe,so the ones most at risk are those picking it up with thin poo bags surely.

You have more chance of slipping on sports drink bottle and spraining you rankle.

Edited by willman

Not the places i go. they leave them, and walk away.

How do you know they're not coming back from them, though? I do this all the time - rather than swing them around for the whole walk, leave them somewhere and collect on the way back.

I don't know why someone would go to the trouble of picking it up otherwise - why not just leave it?

• 2 weeks later...